Lead DevOps Engineer
X-Mode is looking for a full-time Lead DevOps engineer who is passionate about reliability, resiliency, security, and scalability. We are looking for someone who has experience building and managing systems at scale in the cloud, preferably using AWS. This person will play a huge role in maintaining and improving our CI/CD process and pipeline and is critical to our success as a company.
This is a full-time remote position (from anywhere in the U.S.) and will report to our Engineering Manager - Pipeline. Please note that at this time, X-Mode is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop and maintain tools & automation solutions for CI/CD workflow, continuous testing, software updates.
- Develop tools, plug-ins and solutions for CI/CD workflow using tools such as Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus, and other services.
- Improve existing and set-up new monitoring and alerting for Internal & External systems
- Ensure that tools and software development adhere to appropriate internal & external safety and security standards
- Define DevOps best practices for our application development teams and assist them in engaging these processes
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve system, network, and storage issues
- Documentation of new and current processes
WHO YOU ARE:
- 10+ years experience of engineering experience
- 5+ years of DevOps experience supporting production cloud infrastructure and software development toolsets and processes.
- Extensive experience with Git, Gradle, CI/CD tools like circleCI, Travis, Jenkins, and DevOps best practices
- 2-3 years of container environment experience (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with AWS networking, VPCs, security groups, and systems
- Experience with Linux-based Server Operating Systems, including RedHat
- Extensive JVM experience and production experience with Scala is preferred
- Experience using agile methodologies to plan and track project work.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write clear and concise documentation
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Experience with PostgreSQL and databases is a plus
- Enjoy and thrive working in a fast-paced environment
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Cool people, solving cool problems.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 15 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- We value your input. This is a chance to get in on the 'ground floor' of a growing company
At X-Mode, we’re excited about building a diverse team and creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, and we encourage all applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status to apply.