Head of Product Design
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are.
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people - our team and our customers - first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it's harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers
- We're a team, built on trust
- We're proud to be remote
- We're in control of our own destiny
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 160+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a Head of Product Design who wants to make e-commerce easier for small and medium businesses.
Our team’s focus is to create world-class experiences for our customers. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms and bringing creative solutions into existence in the tax compliance space. We are looking for a Head of Product Design to lead design across the TaxJar Product.
You will report directly to the VP of Product. In this role you will be accountable for setting the Design Strategy, and scaling the Product Design team. You will facilitate cross-functional partnerships and the design process. You will promote an outstanding design practice, influence product strategy, and ensure product execution. As the Head of Design, you'll provide mentorship and champion the craft and career development of your team, while creating a safe haven so designers can accomplish their best work.
Please note that we are not able to sponsor any type of international visa at this time.
- A passion for turning complex problems into elegant experiences
- Experience in hiring, growing and retaining a diverse workforce, and leading a team with a values based approach
- A diverse portfolio of work personally designed and shipped, along with examples of work directed and delivered by your team
- Experience synthesizing company-level goals to help teams across multiple products create remarkable design experiences
- Experience working independently and with remote teams
- Experience as a primary contributor to multiple high impact projects
- 7+ years experience with SaaS products
- Experience managing and coaching a team (Remote Preferred)
- Passion for solving core product problems while being accountable for all facets of the user experience: from strategy to research to interaction design
- Ability to rapidly prototype and validate the team's design efforts
- Comfort with writing clear, concise UI copy
- Develop a design system to cultivate a coherent look and feel across the product
- A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to design complex workflows and data heavy applications
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs
for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.