Senior DevOps Engineer
Do you want to build technologies that actually make a difference? If you love the idea of working at the forefront of AI, drones, immersive 3D technologies, and you want to solve real-world problems like protecting endangered species, measuring climate degradation, improving emergency management, and more, this is a great company for you. At Aerial Applications, our vision is to make the physical world knowable. Why? Because we believe that knowing the world is critical to making smart decisions.What You'll Build Here We create mapping software that makes advanced geospatial intelligence available to everyone, so organizations can perceive, comprehend, and predict the world around them and act decisively within it. We're building the machine vision backbone for fully autonomous mobile systems operating as machine constituents in the future of work. What does that mean for you? One day, you'll be debating how to better leverage high-performance computing for sensor fusion over 5G. Another, you'll be digging into multispectral imaging, chlorophyll resonance, and structure-from-motion. You'll be challenged to learn a wild array of technologies that will change how you see the world (and how every machine you influence sees it too.) If you've ever played Gears of War 5 and used Jack's 'pulse' ability, or seen the mapping drones in the movie Prometheus, that's the kind of mapping software we're talking about. About This Position We're seeking a full-time DevOps Engineer. The ideal candidate will work along with our excellent software development team and be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed by Aerial. We want teammates who are passionate, reliable, coachable, and independently interesting. Major Duties
- Design, build and maintain a stable and efficient infrastructure to optimize service delivery across production, QA, and development environments throughout the development lifecycle.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, maintain, and continuously improve building, packaging, and deployment processes.
- Implement automated infrastructure capabilities like backups, security tools, and monitoring.
- Utilize a consistent DevOps approach to improve all phases of the process and ensure end-to-end quality across functions.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience with enhancing DevOps architecture
- Experience with maintaining infrastructure, supporting production workloads, and configuration management
- Experience with modern CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of deployment/configuration management tools
- Experience with GitLab
- Experience with Active Directory
- Experience with mail servers and VPN’s
- Experienced with network infrastructure, database, cloud and data center operations, and security protocols
- Embodies an automation mindset
- Experience with remote assistance tools
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux operating system administration
- Prior experience with containerization and orchestration strategies (e.g., Docker and Kubernetes)
- A get-things-done attitude and track record of success
- Bonus: You’re super excited to contribute to the drone technology field
Who We Want
- You take pride in your craft, knowing that your professional work reflects your inner discipline and commitment to excellence.
- You are able to work in a team environment. You don’t have a problem going head down to complete your tasks, but you also know when to ask for help with a difficult problem.
- Desire to continuously learn and grow, sharing new tools and methods with the team.
- Willingness and ability to innovate, going beyond a tactical support role to critically analyze work objectives and suggest strategies.
- Positive, curious, and open-minded perspective. Support for, and curiosity about, Aerial Application’s mission.
We are a rapidly growing company and plenty of opportunities for career development as you grow with us. This position is remote or in-person at our Washington, DC headquarters. Compensation & Benefits Competitive salary is commensurate with an individual’s experience and skills Benefits: Aerial Applications offers benefits including medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, and others. PTO: 10 days of PTO standard for all first-year employees (increasing over tenure), plus all federal holidays and an extensive winter holiday.