Who are you?
You are a Senior Product Designer and you've spent a lot of time designing software experiences, often for a B2B market. You are confidently able to work with clients that need guidance on how to turn their idea into a tangible product. You're comfortable working in complex domains and are able to digest and understand business goals and objectives. You have a versatile skill-set and understand the needs of a client and project. You understand your role as a user advocate and make sure that in everything you and your team do the user needs and wishes are heard and kept top of mind. As a systems thinker, your designs are logical, consistent and based on higher level thinking such as principles, guidelines, etc. Finally, you're a confident presenter and inclusive communicator.
What will you do?
At NearForm, we work with international clients who are industry leaders in their respective fields. Our role is to help them build solutions and platforms; help them to launch new product ventures and fundamentally change how they operate.
Design plays a key role in how we approach these projects, and how we work overall. As a Senior Product Designer, you would be joining the ranks of an established team of experienced design professionals that you are able to call on for support and feedback.
You will work on a range of industries and software delivery projects. Often joining product teams consisting of five to six NearForm developers, a delivery architect, and a client-side product owner.
Your remit is often much broader than just 'designing the thing', examples of what you could be doing include:
- Helping clients clarify and enhance their business objectives through the lens of design.
- Planning and executing UX research on a small scale project basis.
- Collaborating with client design groups on a variety of things, ranging from contributing to their design systems, working with brand teams to mature their approach on brand adherence and product design to exploring and working on their accessibility standards.
- Facilitating workshops and smaller scale creative problem-solving sessions.
In short, you will find that your work is varied and differs from client to client, and project to project. Regardless of what you do as a NearForm Senior Product Designer, you are an expert when it comes to designing software and user experiences that knows how to select the right tool for the job, and is able to find the sweet spot where business, user, and technology overlap to create an excellent customer experience.
What do you need?
- 8+ years of experience and knowledge of user interface design, having worked on projects like rich web apps/websites, mobile applications and enterprise/B2B software.
- A versatile skillset: you are as comfortable doing UI design as much as you are making user journeys, personas, and prototypes.
- The know-how and experience to help our customers, development teams and other colleagues to apply and drive a user-centred design process.
- Practical experience in evaluating products with customers. You've done user testing before and are able to apply that on a small scale to a project.
- Extensive working knowledge of a variety of design tools, such as the Adobe suite of products, Sketch and Invision.
- A good understanding of the constraints and possibilities of modern web technologies. You don’t need to be able to code (though are welcome to!) but a sensibility is a must.
- Ability to travel, the frequency and duration differ.
- Fluent English.
Why do you want to join the team?
We adopt a person-first approach to hiring. That means we hire the best people – it’s as simple as that. Our lucky HR team gets to pick the cream of the crop from around the world and has brought together a collection of dynamic and talented individuals we like to call ‘NearFormers’.
Although we are widely dispersed, NearFormers are a tightly-knit team. We trust one another and care about our colleagues. Building on our open source origins, we promote the sharing of thoughts, knowledge and ideas.
NearForm is committed to shaping a better world in all that we do. Our team is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, inclusivity, and equality.
What will you get?
- Work/Life balance: we have a genuine dedication to work/life balance.
- Family friendly: we understand how important family is, so our flexible environment allows you to work around what matters - school run, no problem!
- The Wellness Hub: we offer resources and support and have a genuine commitment to fostering/improving nearFormer’s wellbeing.
- Knowledge perks: explore new hobbies, brush up on life skills or simply learn something new, there is something there for everyone.
- NearFest: we all get together in person at our annual company retreat
How do you apply?
Click apply and include:
- Note describing why you’re interested in joining us.
- Your résumé.
- Examples of your work - portfolio, website, or whatever medium communicates your work best. We value understanding your thought process, so make sure to include that in whatever form you share your work.