Senior DevOps Engineer
Inspired Thinking Group (ITG) Ltd.
We are looking for a strong and experienced DevOps engineer to work alongside Scrum Agile teams building the company's next generation of scalable SaaS products using the latest architectural patterns and practices, development frameworks, cloud technologies and software delivery practices.
You will work alongside Scrum teams consisting of frontend and backend developers, QA, Product Owner, technical writers and a wider team including infrastructure engineers with the goal of enabling the teams to reliably deliver new features on continuous basis.
We are happy to offer the role to individuals on a remote basis, however you must be UK based.
Day to day, you will be responsible for:
- Work with software development and infrastructure teams to engineer comprehensive CI/CD pipelines
- Participate in Scrum teams enabling them to deliver the software they produce throughout the development lifecycle
- Contribute and help define standards and working practices within the team
- Help research tooling and create business cases to justify potential investment
- Identify process improvements and efficiencies to enable teams to deliver at a higher cadence
To succeed in this challenging yet highly rewarding role, we are looking for individuals who have core competencies in the following areas:
- Able to design and implement high quality software delivery pipelines allowing the team to reliably deliver code on a continual basis
- Able to analyse and troubleshoot technical issues and provide options for solutions
- Demonstrate excellent personal organisation with the ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- Able to work under own initiative and bring functional and technical solutions to the table to help solve team challenges
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to mentor junior members of the team
- Build positive and professional working relationships with your colleagues to enable a positive and collaborative team working environment.
- Demonstrate expert domain and technical knowledge of all aspects of the solutions that your team build and deliver
- Demonstrate an excellent commercial understanding of the services that ITG provides to its clients
Preferably from a development background ideally with exposure to technologies such as:
- Scripting: Bash, PowerShell
- Frameworks: .NET, Spring, Angular
- Dependency Management: Nuget, Maven, NPM
- Container: Docker, Google Kubernetes Engine
- Messaging: Google Cloud Pub Sub, Rabbit, Kafka
- DB: MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Google Cloud Datastore (NoSQL)
- Public cloud experience preferably Google Cloud Platform
- OS: Linux, Windows, OS X
- Networking: Virtualised networks, firewalls, VPNs
- Build and Deployment Tools: Preferably Bamboo and Octopus Deploy, but exposure to TeamCity, Gitlab, Jenkins, Azure DevOps acceptable
Work’s a treat
On top of a competitive salary, you can expect a whole load of perks:
- 25 days’ holiday + bank holidays– we understand the importance of a healthy work/life balance.
- So many savings – through our online community platform, you can access dozens of daily deals, from money off top brands to discounts on days out.
- Employee Assistance Programme– our people are at the heart of everything we do, so if you’re happy, we’re happy.
- Raising money for charity– we’re all about giving back… and having lots of fun in the process!
- Referral scheme– know the perfect person to join the team? You could bag £1,000 for putting a good word in.
If you found yourself interested in knowing more, drop us your application and someone from our team will be in touch.
Please no agencies we have a dedicated internal recruitment team and a strict PSL.