AWS Site Reliability Engineer | DevOps, infra as code and CI for healthcare tech
Experity - the healthcare software provider - is hiring a contract Site Reliability Engineer to design and implement fully automated CI/CD pipelines on AWS, to improve production services, and to lay the foundations of infrastructure as code.
This is a remote role, based within the UK, with a six+ month anticipated duration.
We're a global software provider with distributed development teams releasing integrated products that handle sensitive patient data, utilising a variety of approaches, languages and ecosystems. It's Linux in production - a mix of on-prem and cloud - with Ansible, backed by support from our Ops teams.
We're increasingly moving microservices to AWS and we need you to build slick automated CI/CD configurations, which are repeatable and transferrable and easy for our people to specify and consume.
The production environment has to work at all times. Spikes that cause problems must be dealt with manually in the moment, if necessary. After that the configurations that cause the spikes to cause issues must be corrected.
In parallel, we're embracing infrastructure as code. Collaborating with our DevOps Manager and team, we will welcome your solution design and tooling knowledge as we embark on this positive new chapter.
- Designing and delivering CI/CD on AWS, including compute and storage
- Evaluating AWS deployments, articulating and implementing design improvements
- Designing infrastructure as code solutions, and implementing core aspects
- Optionally; improving build and deploy methods
We're looking for
- Someone adept with Ansible, deployed in complex environments
- Deep, technical, real-world knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps best practice
- Adept at running robust AWS services
- A grounding in OO software design and development methods - accrued in any language or ecosystem - or equivalent understanding
- An understanding of how structured design and modular architecture apply to IaC/IaaS and configuration management
- Highly skilled with modern tooling for production services
- Readiness to work collaboratively in a distributed team, delivering solutions that satisfy multiple stakeholders and that will serve the future well
- Appreciation for knowledge sharing, testing and good documentation
- Someone seeking remote SRE jobs such as: AWS Engineer | Automation Engineer | Ansible Engineer | DevOps Engineer | Site Reliability Engineer etc.
Current ecosystem - we'll welcome your influence
Ansible | Jenkins | Kubernetes | Docker | Git | AWS OpsWorks with Chef, ECR, EKS | Windows and Linux
Pay and conditions
- c.£500 - £600 per day
- Anticipated duration; six months, with option to extend
- Fully remote role, with no travel anticipated
- Ability to liaise with US colleagues in Central time zone