We know that headhunters are already beating down your door. We want to earn our right to work with you every single day.
We’re out to solve real world scale problems, and we need your help.
Simplero is a software company that helps coaches, authors, and speakers transform lives at scale through online courses and memberships. We’re an all-remote team of 25 trailblazers passionate about service, personal growth, and simplicity.
We have helped over 2500 customers in 30 countries make over $200M. We’re changing lives, providing livelihoods, and offer an insanely valuable service. We’re a team united by our shared values of integrity, responsibility, and exceptional service.
Annual Salary Range: $70,000 to $240,000 USD
Technologies we work with
Technologies we want to start working with
Terraform, Nomad, Consul, Vagrant, and other relevant Hashicorp tools, Svelte.js, NewRelic, IBM Watson.
The job to be done
We'll need your help streamlining our infrastructure configuration, taking it from Ansible to Terraform, Nomad, and other tools. We'll need to start sharding our database, and move from our current single data center in the US to multiple data centers on multiple continents with instant failover.
We're excited for the challenge, and we hope you are, too.
We don't plan on using containers, as we haven't seen the cost/benefit ratio be worth it. We like to keep things simple and lean. We trust you do, too.
What we absolutely require
- You’re an absolute master at AWS
- Several years of Rails experience
- Resilience, performance, and security without over-engineering is what you do
- You’re very smart and very quick at 'getting' stuff.
- You’re eager to figure things out you’ve never done before.
- You communicate well in writing, and you have at least one t-shirt to wear for video calls.
- You’re creative and disciplined
- You find ways to achieve, not reason you can’t
- You can read code quickly and figure out what's going on.
What we could care less about
- A degree in computer science—we're not scientists, we're engineers. (An unusual field of study might make for a good story, though. Do tell!) A physics degree is a plus, though.
- Certifications—just show us what you can do
What's in it for you
- Changing lives at scale. Making the tools that empower experts to make a living teaching others is seriously high-leverage work.
- Be part of a lean, efficient, high-autonomy, high-accountability team.
- Show exactly what you created AND know exactly how many customers benefit from it how often.
- With a development team rarely larger than 2 people, we built what other companies need 100s of engineers to build. Welcome to the 100x club!
- Know how great it feels when you make a customer’s day. You’re not locked in a room 4 floors away from anyone who talks to a customer: you’ll see the impact of each bug fix, “surprise and delight” tweak, and feature.
- Access to hundreds of hours of training material, books, workouts, etc.. For just about anything you want to learn about Internet business, personal growth, software development—if it’s not already in our virtual library, just ask.
- Personal and professional coaching. Who do you want to be? How do you want to grow yourself and your career? We’ll help you get there.
- 4 weeks of paid vacation per year. Yes. We want you to get some perspective and rest.
- Generous profit sharing. Since we don’t have stock options, this is how we do it.