Software Developer (m/f/d) Backend - Tonie Manufacturing System
Here at Tonies, we are changing the way children listen to their favourite audio content, by making digital audio tangible. We have created a safe and playful way for children to experience stories, music and educational content that is loved by parents and children alike. By combining the best of digital technology with the magic and playfulness of figurines (the so-called Tonies), our screen-less Toniebox provides the perfect platform to enjoy all the benefits and fun of great audio content, without adding to children’s screen time.
You as part of the Tonie family:
Would you like to be part of bringing Tonies to children's rooms around the world? Do you have high demands on performance, clean code, reliability and scalability? Do you bring in your own ideas and fight for them? Do you constantly put ideas and decisions to the test and against current requirements? If you can answer these questions with a clear 'YES', then we should definitely talk to each other.
As a Software Developer Backend - Manufacturing (m/f/d) at our headquarter in Düsseldorf or remotely (Germany-wide) you will work in a highly qualified team on the manufacturing execution system (MES) for the Tonies. With your know-how, you help to ensure the stable and reliable manufacturing process of Tonies at several locations worldwide. In addition to the development of new components, you are also responsible for the further development and maintenance of existing infrastructure. Security, stability and quality are always at the top of your to-do list.
- You will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the MES and the connection of additional interfaces and services
- You continue to expand and improve our software platform for the manufacturing of the Toniebox and the Tonies
- You participate in the design of system architectures and the selection of technologies
- You take care of quality assurance and documentation
- You have a degree in computer science or a completed apprenticeship in IT with 5 years or more of programming experience in a professional capacity
- You have excellent experience in Python (version 3) and you are proficient in at least one other -programming language
- You have good experience with the Django Framework and in designing and implementing REST APIs
- You have good knowledge of database technologies (SQL, NoSQL) and know-how about micro-service architectures
- You are experienced with NFC technology and/or firmware development for the CC3200 microcontroller is a plus
- You have an independent and solution-oriented working style and experience in agile software development
- You are a team player with a lot of creativity
- You have good English (B2 or higher) and German (B1 or higher) skills
- And the most important thing: You are as enthusiastic about Tonies and Toniebox as we are and want to be part of our exciting journey!
How to reach us:
Please provide a sample of your work (e.g. a link to your Github profile) with your application, if available.
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions in advance, please contact:
Martin Suhrbier Recruiter
Boxine GmbH Grafenberger Allee 120 40237 Düsseldorf +49 151 54 68 32 57