Product Manager - Pricing
We are looking to grow our Product team with a collaborative, experienced Pricing Product Manager to work closely with our Product, Engineering, Sales, Marketing and Design teams to define and help build out the next generation of our pricing strategy and customer experience.
It’s likely you’ve worked with SaaS pricing previously and you understand how to use packaging to unify a product’s value, or stratify it. You can balance the trade-offs between optimizing for acquisition, expansion and retention. You understand how to analyze large data sets to estimate the profitability and customer impact of pricing. You have experience researching markets and customers.
Most importantly, you are tenacious and resourceful. You never let challenging projects get the better of you. You stick with them until the job is done and you inspire others to do the same.
You'll play a key role in the evolution of our product pricing strategy to solve exciting business, technical and customer experience challenges.
- Propose pricing, model proposals for potential impact, generate internal alignment among stakeholders, and bring our strategy to market
- Provide market, competitive and profitability analysis on current and prospective new paid product offerings
- Undertake pricing reviews to ensure that our pricing continues to achieve strategic objectives and reflects changing market conditions
- Manage pricing for our catalog of product options.
- Partner with internal teams and manage internal and external communications related to product & service pricing
- Lead quantitative and qualitative customer research projects to better understand willingness to pay, value drivers, and customer buying segments
- Promote paid feature adoption
- Collaborate effectively with the executive team and product organization to drive complex pricing decisions
- Ensure pricing and packaging policy is effectively implemented into the customer experience
- Work hand in hand with engineering and design to make sure we always keep our eyes on the ball, maintaining at all times a critical path to delivering value fast. Work with other product managers to be sure we focus on the big-picture.
- Write key documents including: roadmap documents, feature briefs, release notes
- 3+ years of experience in a combination of SaaS product management, software development, developer tools, pricing research and a basic understanding of common pricing research techniques
- Preferred is strong experience in SaaS pricing strategies (preferably with usage-based pricing), cloud environments, or continuous integration workflows
- Understand market research and have experience with survey design and analysis
- Passion in reaching a deep understanding of business problems and solving them with an analytical approach
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional remote teams
- Iterative mindset with a bias toward action and improvement
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with design and development agile methodologies & engineering workflows
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates
This is a remote job. Work from anywhere!
We are a worldwide distributed team and are looking for a product manager who can perform well working remotely. You’ll need to be able to effectively collaborate across time zones while being given a high level of independence and autonomy.