Python Backend Lead Engineer
- Track record of successful backend systems design & architecture.
- Emotionally-intelligent leadership skills -- able to lead through respect & example.
- Strong expertise in Python in Linux environments (Python super hackers desired).
- Experience with network object storage like Google Cloud Storage or S3.
- Experience with Docker containerized development & deployment.
- Thorough understanding of Git development workflows and branching.
- Proficiency with SQL (especially PostgreSQL).
- Experience planning sprints and coordinating within and between teams.
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Remote work is OK, but must be able to work most of a Pacific Time work day.
- Experience with Kubernetes strongly desired.
- Experience with Prometheus and log-based analytics systems desired.
- Experience with Django web development desired.
- Experience with Node.js desired.
- Experience with task/message queues and job scheduling systems (e.g. Celery, RabbitMQ, Airflow, Dagster, etc.) desired.