Senior Full Stack Software Engineer – Node.js, AWS, Java
Location: Remote in Canada or US
Start Date: February 2021
Employment Type: Full Time or Contract (1 year with possible extension)Salary: $85,000-$100,000 FTE (based on experience) or $65-$75/hour (Contract rate)
Travel: 1 week per quarter* (every 3 months) to the client site in the U.S.
*travel is currently on-hold due to Covid-19 restrictions but will resume once restrictions are lifted
Benefits for Full Time hires:
- 100 % company paid Health and Dental plan
- Company paid Life Insurance and Illness Insurance
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Matching Group RRSP
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Work from home setup provided (airpods, desk, etc.)
- Equal opportunity employer
We are looking for an experienced Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join us and help our clients achieve their development goals. If you’re a senior developer who wants to develop products from idea to production and help your clients achieve their goals, then this is a fit for you. This developer will work with other engineers on a technology stack with a strong focus on modernization using languages and platforms such as Node.js, Java, and AWS. Apart from solution delivery, you will have the opportunity to leverage your leadership and mentoring skills to raise the level of the more junior engineers on the team.
- Analyze technical system problems/defects, and design and implement effective solutions.
- Handle end-to-end development, including development, testing, and deployment.
- Work with and support Scrum Masters, Product Owners, business stakeholders, and peers to iteratively create software that meets business and technical requirements.
- Contribute to the development of team backlog, plans, and assignments.
- Participate in innovative development of greenfield projects and PoCs.
- Develop comprehensive automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression).
- Mentor and support Jr. Engineers in the development of their technology skills.
- Be part of a culture of innovation and learning.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- 5+ years of professional software development.
- Professional Java experience.
- Experience developing integrations.
- Experience working with distributed agile teams.
- Experience working with build Pipelines (Jenkins, Github, etc.).
- Experience with pair programming.
- Experience with TDD/BDD.
- Experience with AWS.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience coding with TypeScript
- Experience in the following:
- ACORD XML Experience
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
Along with your resume, please include references to any open source contributions you've made or example code from side projects. Please include links to Github, LinkedIn, Stackoverflow, etc…