Full Stack Lead
Launched in 2018, kea is changing the way restaurants operate. We raised an $11M Series A in August and we're building an amazing team to drive the world’s restaurant commerce. We've experienced 1000% year-over-year revenue growth, and plan to continue that trend by providing even more value for our customers through our technology. There are tens of thousands of restaurants out there that need kea, and we’re building for them.
About the Role
kea is looking for an experienced Full Stack engineer to join our team to build enterprise software using Node.js. In this role, you’ll be the tech lead for our full-stack work. This involves partnering with both product and backend engineering to drive two of our most important products: an enterprise portal for restaurant owners to interact with their AI and a platform for integrating with restaurant backend systems.
You’ll be responsible for translating product and design documents into working products, making long-term technical and architecture decisions, and setting up the organization for future product engineers. We are a young and small startup, most work will be greenfield.
What your day-to-day looks like
- Prototype and architect frontend applications, design reusable components, and develop best practices for product engineering
- Collaborate with the product managers, product designers, and engineering leads to develop product engineering specs
- Collaborate with engineering leads to ensure that platform apis will provide the necessary services to the product interfaces.
- Iterate on the software development process: how do we code, test, review, and deploy our products more optimally
What Sets You Up For Success
- 8+ years of full-stack engineering experience
- 3+ years as acting as a team lead
- Experience with modern Frontend JS frameworks (Node.js, Angular, React, etc.)
- Experience with building middleware web-services APIs
- Strong opinions on frontend and full-stack engineering, weakly held
- A degree in Computer Science, a related engineering field, or equivalent experience.
What we offer:
- Generous stock option plan
- 100% employer-paid medical and mental heath care benefits. Vision and dental also available.
- Flexible time off
- Ownership, responsibility, and empowerment in what you do
- Incredible teammates and a caring workplace culture
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome candidates of all backgrounds to apply and look forward to meeting you!