Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - 91844
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) Scientific Networking Division (ESnet) has multiple openings for Full Stack Software Engineers to join the Measurement and Analysis team. Remote work is an option.
The Measurement and Analysis Team is a small group of engineers that provides innovative network measurement and analysis services used to ensure effective science data movement between Department of Energy and partner research facilities across the globe.In this role, developers create and operate robust mission critical solutions involving the collection, processing, storage and presentation of time series and event data using open source and cloud native methodologies.
What you will do:
• Design, build and operate network measurement and analysis applications.
• Work within project teams to improve apps through the full product lifecycle.
• Engage users to better understand their needs and help them succeed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 8 years of relevant work in software development.
• Experience developing web applications.
• Experience using Unix/Linux.
• Demonstrated technical leadership experience.
• 12 years of relevant work in software development.
• Demonstrated experience architecting software solutions.
• Experience using cloud technologies, including one or more of the following:Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, ELK stack or Kafka.
• Experience developing web applications using one or more of the following: React, Swagger, d3.js.
• Experience with Postgres.
• Experience developing observability / telemetry systems.
• Solid understanding of network engineering concepts and protocols.
• Experience with one or more of the following: Java, Go, C/C++.
• This is a full-time career appointment, exempt (monthly paid) from overtime pay.
• This position accommodates US-based remote or onsite work at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
• This position will be hired at a level commensurate with the business needs and the skills, knowledge, and abilities of the successful candidate.
• This position may be subject to a background check. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
How To Apply
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet, https://www.es.net
) provides the high-bandwidth, reliable connections that link scientists at national laboratories, universities and other research institutions, enabling them to collaborate on some of the world's most important scientific challenges. Funded by the Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Science, and managed and operated by the ESnet team at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, ESnet provides scientists with access to unique DOE research facilities and computing resources.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4.Click here (https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters
) to view the poster and supplement: 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.'
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups presently considering scientific research careers.