Software Engineer / DevOps (Remote)
- System administration skills on Linux platforms (Debian/Ubuntu).
- Server stack configuration and optimization skills (Apache/Nginx).
- A solid understanding of web application architecture, including DNS, HTTP, TCP/IP, and load balancing.
- Experience with GitHub and a solid understanding of Git core concepts.
- Containerization experience with Docker.
- Continuous integration / continuous delivery and deployment skills.
- Understanding of relational (MySQL and/or PostgreSQL) and NoSQL databases like MongoDB, Redis and their administration
- Scripting with Bash and Python.
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Have a very good command of written and spoken English.
You’re willing to learn or have experience with
- Security issues as they relate to cloud based infrastructure
- Amazon Web Services
- Orchestration tools, Kubernetes above all
- Experience w/ configuration management tools like Chef and Puppet Ansible.
- Backend development skills, preferably w/ Ruby on Rails.
- Experience with CDNs and with Akamai in particular.
- Scripting w/ Ruby
- Experience using automated monitoring tools.