Uscreen is a SaaS company with an amazing global team, helping creators and companies monetize their videos online. Video monetization is a fast-growing market, and so far, we have established ourselves as the industry leaders, and we aim to solidify that position. To do so, we’re looking for a new addition to our team: Full-Stack WordPress Developer, to come in and help us build and create new pages, and optimize our website.
Our team is incredibly passionate, smart, supportive, skilled, open to learning, happy to take constructive criticism and implement it. We’re looking for someone who can match that energy and help us scale.
About This Role:
This person will be working closely with the SEO Lead and Marketing Team, primarily focusing on WordPress Development.
This position requires fluent communication in English. This is an exciting, dynamic role that involves creating new pages and new experiments to drive innovation and push the boundaries of WP.
We are growing and things change rapidly, so you need to also be able to shift direction very easily and maintain your flexibility in working with other team members and teams.
Task and Responsibilities:
- Website development and widget implementation
- Gutenberg block development
- Continuous optimizations on site performance
- Implementing SEO changes and UX best practices
- Provide constructive feedback
- Monitoring, Maintaining, and updating the site
- Keeping site secure
- Collaborate with designers
- Managing hosting, CDN, and serverside optimizations
- Effective communication skills including a solid understanding of English grammar and professional writing ability
- 5+ years experience and strong expertise in PHP/WordPress development
- You are a master in HTML, CSS/SCSS/SASS
- Advanced proficiency with PHP and MySQL, including modern PHP practices
- Strong familiarity with JavasScript (vanilla JS, jQuery, ES6, etc).
- Strong familiarity and experience with WordPress Gutenberg, the block editor
- Ability to build new blocks and components to expand WP functionalities
- Strong familiarity with using Git and GitHub as a version control tool for WP development
- Ability to use and extend build tools like gulp and webpack
- Understanding Image Compression, responsiveness, server-side WebP conversion and deliverability
- Experience working with CDNs and Managed WP Hostings
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and the ability to work with different APIs
- Ability to keep complex ideas, designs, and features simple
- You are an innovative, inquisitive and effective problem solver
- You are highly organized & autonomous
- You are comfortable and energized operating in a fast-moving organization
- You are entrepreneurial and self-motivated
- You are intellectually curious, creative, and ambitious
- Experience with DigitalOcean
- Experience with StackPath
- Understanding the Basics of Technical SEO
- Experience working and managing Web Application Firewalls.
- You have an affinity for designing and have experience using common image-editing programs and mock-up tools (such as Figma, Adobe, Sketch, etc.)
- Able to overlap at least 4 hours with our distributed team: from 6 AM to noon ET
- Native or near-native English speaker (having accents is fine, as long as you’re using proper English syntax)
- A confident decision-maker who bases decisions on hard evidence and numbers (‘Trust me bro’ doesn’t count)
- Overall a kind and fun person :)
Uscreen is the world’s leading video monetization platform. We help thousands of creators, entrepreneurs, fitness trainers, coaches, entertainment companies and various other experts launch their own video-on-demand streaming service and make money selling videos online. Think of it as building your own 'Netflix'. We are a lean startup but are fully independent, privately held and profitable.
We are a SaaS company with an agile, but structured environment. Uscreen is a remote-first company, with our team members distributed across the world. However, we do have rules and guidelines set in place to make sure everyone is delivering their best work and maintains an overlap with the rest of the key members of the team.
- Full-time (40 hours per week) remote job with a contract. We want to make it clear that this is NOT a freelance / part-time position you can do in tandem with other professional endeavors
- Join an amazing, creative and motivated team
- Work from anywhere (OK, almost anywhere…), as long as you have regular overlap with Eastern Time business hours and reliable internet connection.
- Central European Timezone candidates are preferred
- 20 paid days off per year (eligible after the first 3 months with the company)
- Budget for personal development
How to apply:
- Apply using this link: https://forms.gle/wyvcv8vUwqwuRmAR6
- We review the applications and email candidates who qualify for the second round
- The qualified candidates will be asked to do a test task: usually a video of yourself answering a few questions
- After we review the submissions, we will organize a Zoom interview with the successful candidates