Senior Software Developer
Big Viking Games
A LITTLE ABOUT US: Making fans - That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company and we are committed to providing a happy and comfortable working environment for them to flourish. Vikings are given the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are at the beginning of a new adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
THE NITTY GRITTY: Big Viking Games is looking for a Sr. Developer to join our Technology team! Reporting to our Head of Tech, you'll be working alongside other developers on our flagship games. The ideal candidate will be a generalist, having previous experience in a Full-Stack skill set. This position is remote in Ontario.
- Write robust, efficient and maintainable code primarily in Java and TypeScript.
- Ability to write efficient SQL statements and work with databases and database caches
- Write tools in TypeScript and React
- Work with CI/CD tools using industry best practices
- Ability to do code reviews and provide feedback to other developers
- Mentor junior developers and help them develop their technical skills
- Approach code with a deep understanding of software, using appropriate profilers to ensure performance
- Experience with solving difficult bugs in production
The Must Haves:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering is strongly preferred
- 6+ years of development experience
- Shipped multiple features and projects in a live environment
The Nice to Haves:
- Experience with web frameworks generally a strong plus
- Experience with PHP or GraphQL is a plus
- Experience with Redis, Memcache, Docker, and Ansible would be highly beneficial
- Enjoy playing games
- F2P game development experience
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected to your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
BECOMING A VIKING: Does the idea of working for a gaming company doing what you love everyday sound exciting? Great, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.