WordPress Technical Support & Customer Service Nerd
NerdPress provides maintenance and support for hundreds of WordPress sites. The majority of our clients are food bloggers, though we also have clients in other niches, including crafting, e-commerce, philanthropy, non-profits, and more.
We're currently a team of seven, and work as a close-knit crew on customer support, customer onboarding, coding, and anything else that needs doing. About YouWe're seeking a high-level technical support engineer with deep WordPress knowledge and outstanding communication skills to join our client support team. We’re looking for someone who has a love of learning, enjoys teaching, and gets excited and energized by solving problems.To be successful in this position, you'll need to be proactive, pay attention to details, stay calm under pressure, and get excited and energized by solving problems... and love WordPress, of course!
About the Position
The main focus of this position is client support and troubleshooting customer issues with WordPress sites. In general, you should have a strong understanding of both the back end and front end of WordPress development, and the confidence to troubleshoot any issue that arises. You’ll be answering customer support inquiries on a wide range of topics, all related to our WordPress Support Plans. That may include giving advice and answering questions, or it may require performing small technical tasks directly on the sites. Examples include minor CSS customizations; providing plugin recommendations and best practice advice; basic PHP editing (implementing code snippets or small customizations), SEO advice, speed optimization recommendations, and lots more.
- 401(k) with matching contributions.
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave, family leave, and bereavement leave.
- Technology Budget
- Work anywhere in the United States with fast & reliable internet.
- Flexibility in hours – while we do need you to work during our regular business hours, this position will enjoy a certain level of flexibility in self-managing work times.
- Bonus for speaking or volunteering at your local WordCamp (or we’ll cover your cost to attend).
- Small company means you have room to grow and make your mark. Depending on your experience, aptitude, and desire there is potential for advancement within the company.
- We’re nice people to work with (and are really good at posting awesome giphys on Slack).