Lead Engineer (remote)
Virtually Human Studio
We are looking for an experienced energetic Lead Engineer to join and contribute to our latest Blockchain entertainment product in the following ways:
- Able to get up to speed quickly with the architecture of our core product and take ownership;
- Continuous collaboration with the development team in making the best decisions to build and scale our core set of services;
- Be a leader in SCRUM processes with sprint planning, reviews, grooming and retrospectives;
- Collaborate with teammates to resolve service interruptions and high-impact defects; participate in on-call rotation;
- Support your team in developing their technical and other professional skills through mentorship, coaching, pair programming, and code review;
- Constantly look for opportunities to automate tasks, build internal tooling, increase team efficiency and free the team up for the work that matters most;
- Lead the hiring process to ensure we continue to build a high performing team with top talent;
- Understand the business vision & goals, ensuring that the team is aligned;
- Pragmatic JIT optimisation to maintain performance and stability of our core product, without over optimising;
- A clear understanding of best practices for Elixir development with proactive involvement in code reviews and peer programming sessions.
It would be expected that you are experienced with Elixir, Graphql, Front-end technologies (React), PostgreSQL, and Linux. Experience with DevOps, CI/CD, Kubernetes, blockchain technology, smart contracts and Google cloud would also be nice but it’s not essential.
You’ll need the flexibility required to work with a globally distributed development team across multiple time zones along with a good internet connection at all times.
If this sounds like something for you. Apply now!