About the role
TerminusDB is looking for a query and constraint engine specialist for our open source server. We are aiming to improve the speed and ergonomics of our database to help establish TerminusDB as the leading application development database platform. You will be a full time member of our open source team who are responsible for our open source offering.
TerminusDB is primarily written in two languages, Prolog and Rust. We use rust for the physical storage engine, and we use Prolog to implement our query language, WOQL, as well as all the other logic required to orchestrate the database.
What you'll do
- Extend, maintain and improve our WOQL (datalog) query language written in Prolog
- Increase efficiency and speed of WOQL execution
- Work in all remote development environment
- Participate in planning sessions with the community, open source team and other teams
- Participate in code reviews with peers
- Pair programming with others in the open source team
- Handle issues, pull requests and questions from people in the community (primarily GitHub and our community Discord)
Who you are
- A proficient programmer having knowledge of several programming paradigms
- Keen and willing to learn Prolog and Rust
- Comfortable taking active part in design, decision making and planning
- Good communicator: capable of working with others, both employees and community to help us deliver a world class database
What we offer
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing venture-backed start-up that has developed a database and SaaS product with unique capabilities. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and industry standards, a compelling stock options package, and a range of benefits including learning and development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
TerminusDB is an open-source knowledge graph database that provides reliable, private and efficient revision control and collaboration. If you want to collaborate with colleagues or build data-intensive applications, nothing will make you more productive. TerminusDB provides the full suite of revision control features. TerminusHub allows users to manage access to databases and collaboratively work on shared resources.
TerminusDB is home to some of the most off-beat, hardworking and creative people in the world. We cherish the oddballs, we are the oddballs. If you dream in code, are mad about data, and want to make real changes in how people curate, manage, store, and analyze data, join us on our journey!
How to apply
Send your CV to email@example.com
Please include the title of the role you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Our values are ‘Purpose in Unity’, ‘Open Source’ and ‘Systems Thinking’. Being an open-source project, inclusivity is at the core of who we are and what we believe in. We have a highly talented and diverse team, and welcome applications from all sections of society. We do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion, ethnic origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.