About the role
TerminusDB is looking for a talented, technology-oriented communicator to join a distributed team focused on delivering the universe’s best data management platform.
As a technical writer at TerminusDB, you will engage directly with the engineering team on a regular basis, interact with the user and developer communities, construct documentation and tutorials, and assist developers within the TerminusDB community. You will have a broad impact and be responsible for the quality of the software developer experience with TerminusDB and the long-term success of the project.
As a member of the team, you will be supported by and collaborate with the whole team. You’ll have a single north star - making the developer experience with TerminusDB better.
Employment type: Part-time
We are committed to being a flexible employer; this position is available on a 20 hour/week asynchronous basis. You can get on with your work, from anywhere, whenever you want.
What you'll do
- Work with the team to obtain an understanding of the product and documentation requirements
- Create materials for experienced software engineers as well as those who may be new to developing with TerminusDB
- Create material such as - installation and upgrade guides, development best practices, release notes, technical papers, tutorials, and knowledge-base articles
- Evaluate current documentation and content and develop approaches for improvement
- Read design documents and specifications, build, install, and use pre-release software to assist in generating proper instructions
- Select appropriate medium, such as manuals or videos, for message or audience
- Engage with the TerminusDB community through various means including GitHub, the community Discord server, and our discourse website.
- Standardize content across platforms and media
- Collect user feedback to update and improve content
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
Who you might be (but maybe you are only some, but like the job!)
- Great technical communication of complex computer science and database ideas and practices
- Some experience of working with a database
- Ability to translate complex topics into understandable, digestible topics
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to rapidly assimilate technical information from a variety of sources
- Flexibility to work with new technology in a fast-paced environment
- Experience of working effectively as part of a distributed team
What we offer
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing venture-backed start-up that has developed a database and SaaS product with unique capabilities. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and industry standards, a compelling stock options package, and a range of benefits including learning and development opportunities and flexible working arrangements.
TerminusDB is an open-source knowledge graph database that provides reliable, private and efficient revision control and collaboration. If you want to collaborate with colleagues or build data-intensive applications, nothing will make you more productive. TerminusDB provides the full suite of revision control features. TerminusHub allows users to manage access to databases and collaboratively work on shared resources.
TerminusDB is home to some of the most off-beat, hardworking and creative people in the world. We cherish the oddballs, we are the oddballs. If you're passionate about writing, value conveying complex technical ideas in a simple, digestible manner, and yearn to work with a flexible and creative - and generally all-round quite fantastic - team, join us on our journey!
How to apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the title of the role you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Our values are ‘Purpose in Unity’, ‘Open Source’ and ‘Systems Thinking’. Being an open-source project, inclusivity is at the core of who we are and what we believe in. We have a highly talented and diverse team, and welcome applications from all sections of society. We do not discriminate on grounds of race, religion, ethnic origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.