Who we are:
Hey you! Every night we have to process more than 24 million items and we cannot do it without you. We are trying to revolutionize the slow-paced Retail world step-by-step with cutting edge technologies. As a developer here, you will tackle world-class challenges in high-throughput systems, scaling, orchestrating, and more. You will play with asynchronous and multi-process patterns in an enthusiastic run to scale our business.
Not scared of big data?
Integrating complex systems and making them simpler is your bread and butter?
Simplifying and automating lengthy processes is something you can do in your sleep?
Getting your hands dirty with the latest piece of tech is your thing?
If 'can-do' is what you say to that nasty mission-critical project with no time to develop it and you see bugs as opportunities, today is your lucky day: we are looking for a Back End Developer to join our tech Retail component!
What you will do
- You will join a distributed team of developers, with an actual decision autonomy: you will be responsible for your work
- You will find brilliant solutions for complex problems
- You will write quality software: readable, well designed and thoroughly tested code
- You will work together with people from other key areas, participating on analysis, discussion and implementation phase
Skills & Requirements:
- Love for coding: you are proud of your work
- Large-scale data processing: you know how to deal with large amount of data (moving hundreds of GBs of data)
- Experience with multi-process patterns to scale up our synchronous and asynchronous tools
- Knowledge of our current technology stack: Python, RabbitMQ, Git, Unix-like (Docker) environment
- Knowledge of relational (MySQL), non-relational (ELK stack) databases and Redis
- Great communication and synthesis skills working closely with product managers, other teams and both internal and external stakeholders
- Analytical, detail-focused mindset
- Be able to legally work in Europe (you are the holder of an EU Passport or you are the holder of EU residency permit or you are the holder of a Schengen Work Visa)