Front-end Designer (Australia - remote)
You will be a great fit for this role if:
- You are comfortable working in an existing frontend codebase using a modern framework such as React, Vue, or Angular.
- You have a firm grasp of UX methodologies, interaction design, web and app patterns, and trends.
- You can collaborate with engineers and QA to understand technical requirements and constraints.
- You understand the need for consistency, reducing UX debt, and champion design governance and visual branding.
- You are an experienced individual contributor or leader in a similar role.
- You have experience working in an agile environment with engineers.
- You are comfortable making good decisions with general concepts like usability, user experience, and design.
- You live in Australia with full working rights
You will enjoy this role if:
- You enjoy diving in and making frontend changes to fix usability issues.
- You are able to contribute to the implementation of UX/UI aspects during development.
- You are able to work independently, motivating yourself to do high-quality work on time.
- You enjoy collaborating with other people to solve problems, challenging each other to discover the best solution for a problem, using a balance of passion, pragmatism, and empathy.
- You are a results-oriented person, someone who is focused on iteratively delivering valuable things to your customers, someone who willingly changes direction based on clear and transparent business information, and someone who helps others do the same.
A typical day might include:
- Working where you work best, perhaps in a home office designed by you, using a device of your choosing, with or without music, in an atmosphere you create for yourself.
- Pairing with an engineer, product owner, or another designer to solve a UX or UI problem.
- Collaborating on projects with your team.
- Creating a PR against our React codebase to fix a usability issue.
- Creating working prototypes to test out and communicate ideas to the team.
- Collaborating with engineers, debating ideas, and working together towards the best outcome for our users.
What’s in it for you:
- You’ll work from wherever you feel most productive. That could be your home, our office, or a combination of both
- Generous laptop and home office allowance
- Career growth as we are expanding rapidly
- Monday to Friday hours
- A supportive team, in a great company
We’d love to hear from you. Please include your CV and a cover letter with links to your portfolio. Only applications with a portfolio and/or links to work will be considered.