Founded in 2012, Socure is the leader in high-assurance digital identity verification technology. Named to Forbes’ 2019 AI 50 list as one of America’s most promising AI companies and a recent winner of API World’s Best Data API, Socure’s technology applies artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques with trusted intelligence from email, address, phone, IP, social media, and the broader Internet to verify identities in real time. Socure’s customers include three of the top five U.S. banks, seven of the top 10 U.S. card issuers, as well as the majority of leading digital banks, lenders and insurers across the U.S. Socure is funded by some of the world's best investors and entrepreneurs including Scale Venture Partners, Commerce Ventures, Work-Bench, Santander InnoVentures, and Two Sigma Ventures.
Socure is hiring a Staff DevOps Engineer to play a driving role in shaping the foundational systems that Socure engineers use to develop and deploy their applications. We are looking for someone who is motivated by the opportunity to solve scalability, reliability and security-related challenges in infrastructure. This role will have a major impact on the infrastructure and scalability of a high-growth company, and your contributions will make a difference across the entire company.
This role can be based remotely in North America. You will report directly to our Senior Director of DevOps, Scott Pustay.
What You’ll Do:
- Build the frameworks, automation and tooling to enable a culture of quality within Socure, and automate all aspects of the infrastructure for scale
- Participate in high-level architecture of large-scale distributed systems, promoting security, reliability and scalability in development, QA and production environments
- Design, architect, and build a full end-to-end service mesh infrastructure with docker and Kubernetes. We have a great team to help, and you will be the one leading this effort
- Build out systems to support compute heavy workloads, such as machine learning
- Oversee and ensure the security of our cloud infrastructure, data, and internal services
- Be a technical leader and display leadership and vision for the future infrastructure at Socure, which may include pioneering new technologies/services to help meet growing challenges
- Collaborate with the Executive Team, Product Management, Architects, and existing engineering teams to design, develop, and publish software, processes, and workflows supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform
What You’ll Bring:
- 5+ years of experience building infrastructure on cloud hosted systems (AWS)
- Repeated successes in building a container based infrastructure and integrating existing workflows into them (Docker, Kubernetes, service mesh)
- Prior experience in software development is ideal
- Experience with communication protocols, restful services, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, and microservices
- A strong desire to automate the mundane; experience building processes and services that enable developers and enhance productivity
- Demonstrated expertise working with developers to understand their needs and ever changing challenges
- Experience in designing and architecting CI/CD processes and thorough understanding of DevOps tools (Jenkins, Git) and infrastructure automation (Terraform)
- Great communication skills. You are able to explain your solution and its impact to the team and non-technical folks so they can understand
- Proven experience prioritizing tasks, evaluating trade-offs, communicating deliverables, and organizing a small team in order to execute on projects
- Availability for on-call support on a rotating basis
- Comfortable working autonomously with minimal guidance
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive base salary
- Equity - every employee is a stakeholder in our upside
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and their dependents
- Parental leave and fertility support
- Flexible PTO
- 401K with company match
- Stipend to supply your home office
- Annual professional development stipend
A Message on COVID-19:
Socure's number one priority is to safeguard the health and well-being of our team members, our families and our communities. During this unprecedented time, we are closely monitoring COVID-19 developments and updating our response plan quarterly. We are regularly soliciting feedback from our employees to help inform our return-to-office strategy. For our team members who loved going into the office, we are looking forward to meeting once again! But until then, we are striving to ensure that Socureans have the resources and support they need to excel from home. This includes a work-from-home stipend so you can build your home office and fun, virtual events so you can continue to feel connected to your coworkers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.