Senior Software Engineer – Ruby on Rails
Now Hiring: Remote Senior Software Engineer – Ruby on Rails
🌴 Paid Time Off Policy 💰 $140,000-$160,000 per year 🗺 Anywhere in North America 📈 401(k) with Employer Match 🏥 Healthcare Coverage Options
About Our Company
SimpleMDM is a SaaS solution used by businesses to configure, secure, and track their Apple iOS, macOS, and tvOS devices wirelessly. Essentially, we’ve created a product that allows you to track all of your Apple Devices. We started in 2011 in the Pearl District of Portland, OR, became profitable in 2012, and have been bootstrapped ever since. Last year, in 2020, our team proudly transitioned to a fully-remote workplace. We are a very small but capable team with an internal culture of trust and autonomy, value work-life balance, and focus on problems that are fun to solve. We take pride in creating an outstanding product and service for our customers. As a result, we are able to compete with much larger companies like IBM, VMware, and Microsoft.
We are currently seeking a Senior Rails Developer to start as soon as possible. You’ll have autonomy working on a small team and the chance to grow with a passionate and stable company. This opportunity comes with a great salary and you’ll have a direct impact on the new development of a product.
- Plan, architect, and implement software enhancements.
- Instrument and monitor web services for reliability purposes.
- Establish additional internal development tools, workflows, and policies.
- Thorough knowledge of Ruby on Rails (5-10 years of experience): The pitfalls of the framework, how to effectively organize code in a larger project, and how to write efficient and understandable code. Experience writing tests.
- Software architectural experience. A strong understanding of how different web services and data stores can interact in a reliable, scalable fashion.
- Experience working with production systems, planning software roll-outs, and managing risk.
- Ability to work productively in a remote team environment, learn new technologies and overcome obstacles as needed.
- It would be beneficial though not necessary to have experience with some of these technologies: React, Kubernetes, AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, CloudFront), Ubuntu, MySQL, Redis, Swift, Go.
- Strong interest or previous experience with Apple Device Management is a bonus
- Paid time off policy
- 401(k) with employer match
- Health care coverage options
- Company provided Macbook
- Competitive compensation of $140,000-$160,000 per year
Why Work For Us?
- Join a successful, growing company.
- Have a significant impact on software development decisions.
- Develop software that receives hundreds of requests per second.
- Be a member of a small, close-knit team that promotes a positive, feel-good work environment.
We look forward to hearing from you!We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.