Voodoo is a Tech company that creates and publishes hyper-casual and casual mobile games for a wide audience. It is the worldwide leader in the mobile game market through snackable, innovative, and creative content combining data and new technologies.
The company raised $200M in 2018 and we have been certified a Great Place to Work France 2020 and 2021. In 2020, Tencent became a minority stakeholder in Voodoo, with a role in framing our strategy to dominate the Asia Pacific region.
#1 worldwide in mobile game downloads, and regularly at the top of the App Store rankings, our games have about 300 million monthly active users and more than 5 billion downloads since our creation. Voodoo is one of the most impressive examples of hypergrowth in the ecosystem, having multiplied its turnover by 5 over the past few years.
With more than 300 employees around the world, we would love you to apply to join an ambitious, innovative, and international company!
What is Voodoo’s Culture all about? We recruit passionate and creative profiles, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a test-and-learn culture, we welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake and manage unique, ambitious, and challenging projects. Our goal is to foster excellence, both individual and communal, which to us means solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously, and delivering with the best execution.
Before applying, you need to know that the company’s culture is very important to us. Our employees evolve within an environment designed to be a center for fulfillment. Daily life at Voodoo is characterized by numerous events throughout the year that allow you to feel fully integrated into the team and get involved in creative and innovative projects. Among them: onboarding programs, our annual global summit, other company-wide events, hackathons, game jams, wellness events, and more.
What will be your main challenges?
- Design & build business-focused backend applications in an innovative and evolving environment
- Take full ownership of what you do, bringing creativity and helpfulness to your team and the business every day
- Think without limits and consistently nurture innovation, while solving complex problems
- Bring new and creative approaches in technology into varied problem domains, as a member of an effective and collaborative team
What is your team about? This year, Voodoo is focusing on tech recruitment. When it comes to growth, several bottlenecks we’ve previously experienced involve the projects that our tech teams are working on every day, such as our brand new publishing platform designed to support studios and game launches, our marketing performance and optimization systems based on machine learning, and improving the attractiveness of our games and user retention, all of which we approach using internal data collecting solutions, analysis, and A/B testing.
Based on our principles and values, you will have the opportunity to join our strong Growth & Engineering department, composed of around 60 people. Be a part of a small, independent, helpful, and high-performing team of Software Engineers. Come and work with us to solve complex problems using top-of-the-range technology. You will take full ownership of your role and strive for excellence to deliver innovative and creative projects.
Does this sound like you?
- You love what you do, you are able to collaborate effectively and enjoy building lasting partnerships
- You have well-practiced experience building backend applications
- You have experience with Node.js or Python and Node.js, and a desire to work with Node.js extensively
- You are eager to learn new skills and code using new languages
What do we expect? You above! But you will either need experience with the following, or a desire to learn, as this is what you would work with. We don’t expect you to be perfect, because neither are we.
- AWS cloud hosting with regular ongoing use of EC2, RDS, DynamoDB, S3, ECS, EKS, Route53 and Lambda
- DevOps/CI is implemented using CircleCI, Airflow, Git (GitHub), Docker/Kubernetes, Prometheus, and Grafana
- Emphasis is placed on CI/CD
- Persistent databases are both RDBMS and NoSql and normally implemented via RDS or DynamoDB
- Caching is implemented via Redis and Memcached
What do we offer for this role? Competitive salary (of course) ⧫ Free shares ⧫ Remote days ⧫ Lunch card ⧫ Wellness activities ⧫ Hackathon ⧫ Grant for Purchase of a Bike ⧫ Seminars ⧫ Global Summit
The salary will depend on the experience and skills a candidate brings to the position in line with the levels outlined in the Voodoo Career Path.
We are offering all Voodoo members of staff a flexible vacation policy, allowing us to take as many paid days off as we need as long as the work is done and objectives are complete.
What is our recruitment process? Our recruitment process typically includes a call with our recruitment team, as well as interviews with your future manager, leadership, and team members focusing on job and values fit. Lastly, our culture of leveraging test and case studies is an integral part of the recruitment process and will be featured at some point in your process.
Does this sound like it was written with you in mind? Excellent! Put in your application and let’s discuss the possibilities!