Senior Frontend Engineer for small 100% remote consultancy
Room 118 Solutions
Hey! We're Room 118 Solutions
We have three projects that we need immediate help on. If you think you’re the right fit for any of these, please reach out.
- Young Nuxt.js + Express.js application. Your role will be to work alongside our team to implement new features.
- Greenfield React application. We’re developing a brand new application for a client. We haven’t selected the full stack yet, but we’ll be using React and likely Node.js for the backend. Some interest or knowledge in the cryptocurrency space would be fantastic for this one, but not a requirement. Your role will be to work alongside our team to implement new features.
We work remotely (and always have - even pre-COVID!), and don't have an office, but we're based in the NYC area. We're not picky on where you get your work done. Want to work from Tahiti on Wednesday? No problem. We just ask that we have some overlap in our work days (we're on Eastern time) to touch base.
We're looking for a US-based* senior level frontend engineer. You should be just as comfortable starting a brand new project from scratch as you are diving into one that has been under active development for years. You should be comfortable “owning” the frontend component of our projects. If you’re comfortable implementing backend features, too, that’s great and we’ll have you work on the whole stack on most projects. But most importantly, you’ll be our guide and resident frontend expert and we’ll rely on you to guide us on best practices, to make stack and tooling selections, etc. You’ll have a lot of influence over our projects. If you've ever felt unheard or like a grunt programmer at your old gigs, you'll love working with us.
* Note that we are currently unable to hire California-based contractors.
Are you interested in joining our team? Here’s what we need from you:
- A résumé if you have a current one, but don't bother writing one if you don't. A brief informal employment history is just as good.
- Most importantly, please share with us some of your previous work. If you have a Github account, send that over. Either way, it's great if you can send over a few of your favorite code snippets with a brief description of why you're proud of them. Alternatively, describe some interesting problems you’ve faced and how you went about solving them.
- Your timezone
- Your hourly rate. This is for a 1099 contractor position.
- Your availability over the next few months in terms of available hours per week or month (we realize this is subject to change, we just want to get an idea for how much bandwidth you have).
- Which of the above projects you think you’d be the right fit for.
Fellow shops/consultancies need not apply. We're specifically looking for an individual. Thanks!