Senior Linux System Administrator
What you get to do:
- On-going Sysadmin work on bare metal and AWS instances.
- Proactive system/network monitoring.
- Proactive system capacity planning.
- Deployment and task automation utilizing salt or other methods.
- Issue/ Incident response.
- Peer-level technical support
- Work with the compliance team to implement controls and other security needs.
- Continuous improvement of the system as a whole.
What you bring to the team:
- As a result of a government contract in which this position will be involved, this role requires U.S. citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree in CS, IS, IT, or equivalent required
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with the ability to keep key stakeholders informed in a timely manner
- 5+ years of Linux administration and engineering experience.
- Experience leading, or participating in, the implementation of at least one configuration management system
- Experience deploying a host virtualization platform and containers.
- Experience with fully implemented automation workflows.
- Web Server experience (SAAS experience a huge plus)
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to self-manage and work well independently, as well as in a team within a dynamic environment.
- Strong application, operating system, kernel, and hardware debugging skills.
- Extensive Experience in Networking
- Senior Proxmox Virtualization Experience
- Experience in Kubernetes a plus.
Why work for us:
- Competitive salary and an unlimited PTO policy.
- 401k match which is fully vested after 3 years of service
- A dynamic and fun work environment with passionate, top-notch colleagues
- An opportunity to join a company at an inflection point in its growth pathway
- Leadership that is invested in hearing your ideas and in your professional growth