The Buffer marketing team delights in helping people find success on social media and advocating for a more humane workplace. We are a cohesive, dedicated, fun-loving bunch who are committed to driving awareness for Buffer and acquiring customers for the product. We emphasize high-quality work. We value respect, trust, and affirmation. We want each teammate to feel fulfilled in their work.Our marketing efforts reach millions of people each month. We’d love a frontend marketing engineer to join us to help take those numbers to new heights. You’ll be shipping new tools, iterating on what’s working, and experimenting with us to reach and serve more Buffer customers!
Buffer is an equal opportunity employer with teammates all around the world. Our team is made up of individuals who hail from startups to the theatre - we value diverse and non-traditional backgrounds, and encourage all those who are interested in joining the journey to apply.
Who You'll Work With
You will report to an engineering manager and work closely with a marketing designer, and product marketers on building new website pages and systems or internal tools to scale marketing workflows. You will also collaborate with our Data team who will provide valuable insights about the metrics of the marketing experiments you’ll be implementing.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the marketing team to brainstorm and deliver new ways to connect with our audience. Take a look at our Salaries Page, Calculator and our End of Year Report for some examples of the type of work you’ll be doing!
- Create custom apps, landing pages, and websites that support Buffer’s marketing goals. You’ll own these projects from start to finish, across the whole stack.
- Build internal tools and systems to scale marketing efforts, such as a CMS or an A/B testing system for non-technical teammates.
- Help identify opportunities to improve the overall experience of our website.
- Work closely with our marketing designer to brainstorm ideas and turn wireframes into beautiful and polished apps or pages
- Own the technical aspects of data tracking and work on improving the accuracy and efficiency of our data pipelines (you will have support from our Data Team in this).
- Run experiments and A/B tests to maximize the effectiveness of marketing pages
Helpful Skills and Experience
- You have experience with React.js and know your way around Express. Experience with Next.js is helpful, but not required.
- You understand the deadline-driven nature of marketing launch plans and are good at working with others to make tradeoffs to meet those deadlines. You’re comfortable prioritizing with a team and managing overlapping schedules.
- You know how to bring a design to life and have an eye for the details and final polish to make projects shine. If you have an online portfolio that shows your design and implementation skills, that would be useful to share, but it’s not required.
- You’re comfortable working independently as the only engineer on the marketing team, who will be planning out and building these products.
- You have experience with website performance and optimization techniques.
- You have experience building internal tools and systems for marketing teams to empower non-technical teammates to scale their work and do things, such as creating a webpage, themselves.
Unsure if you meet all these requirements? Please apply anyway! We would love to hear from you!
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits.
💰 Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is: $101K - $143K USD.
🏝 Work remotely (globally): Live and work anywhere in the world!
💪 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
💻 Home office setup: Get a laptop + $500 to set up your home office.
👓 Growth mindset fund: Extra money for learning and development.
⛺️ Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year, with no upper limit.
🤑 401(k): With 3% company match.
📈 Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits. We distribute 8-15% of profits annually to the team.
🍼 Family leave: 3 months of family leave for all parents, and more is possible.
✈️ Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers twice per year.
☕️ Working smarter stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or a coffee shop work.
📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital, physical, and audio - you like, anytime.
⛱ Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.