We believe the place where you are born shouldn't determine your opportunities in life. We provide access to global opportunities by offering a world-class education no matter where you come from.
Microverse is an online school for software developers where students learn to work remotely with people from around the world. Students don't pay tuition until they get hired and start a global career.
We are backed by amazing global investors including Y Combinator, General Catalyst, and many world-class angel investors, such as Paul Graham, Paul Buchheit (the creator of Gmail), and Kevin Hartz (the founder of Eventbrite). We are a passionate and fast-moving team of global citizens working remotely from 12+ countries.
Being remote-first and transparent, we take pride in the amazing remote culture we are building, while also making time for in-person time with team members around the world (when it is safe to do so). We are a small but mighty team of curious, life-long learners, who love tackling challenges and helping shape the future of education.
Talent is universal, but opportunity is not. We're on a mission to change that. With the recent closing of our Series A, there has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team.
We are looking for an Internal Recruiter to join our team and manage our full-cycle recruiting processes. Internal Recruiter responsibilities include identifying current and future hiring needs, advertising job openings online, and designing employee referral programs. To be successful in this role, you should have an HR academic background along with work experience in sourcing, interviewing, and evaluating candidates. Ultimately, you will help us build a strong employer brand and ensure we provide a positive candidate experience.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to write job ads for current openings
- Advertise job openings on careers pages, job boards, and social networks (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Design and implement employee referral programs
- Source candidates through online channels (e.g. professional networks and portfolio sites)
- Screen resumes and applications and update candidates on hiring processes
- Interview candidates during various hiring stages, including phone, first-round, and second-round interviews
- Report to hiring managers and CEO on the status of open positions
- Evaluate candidates based on their interview and assignment performance
- Determine qualification criteria for each position
- Analyze turnover and retention rates to forecast hiring needs
- Update job descriptions (e.g. add tasks or modify requirements)
- Answer candidates' queries regarding the application process
- Provide interview feedback, when necessary and appropriate
- Help new hires onboard
- Capacity to lead an end-to-end recruiting process in collaboration with hiring managers
- Solid understanding of full-cycle recruiting
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience using various interview formats (e.g. phone, structured, group)
- Ability to organize skills assessment centers (e.g. job simulation activities, work samples, psychometric and IQ/EQ tests)
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and resume databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have previous experience working for a remote or distributed startup
- Have high empathy for working with individuals from different countries and cultures
- Are eager to experiment and learn
- Are based in Europe, the East Coast, or a similar timezone in the Americas, or Africa (for max. timezone overlap with the rest of the team)
- Consider yourself to be a global citizen and are passionate about making opportunities more equally distributed around the world
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company
- Make a positive impact on thousands of people's lives around the world
- Leading remote-first working culture shaping the future of work
- Work from wherever you are the happiest
- International company retreats with our global team once every ~9 months
- Learning and development budget for books, courses, and conferences
- Hardware & office set up stipend
- Unlimited PTO and 12 weeks fully-paid parental leave
- Work alongside our fully distributed team from 12 different countries
- Our team believes in and embodies our core values:
- We are global citizens
- We are passionate about our mission
- We invest in people
- We are eager learners
- We are transparent
- We take ownership of our work
- We live a harmonious life