DevOps Engineer (Google Cloud Platform / Docker / GKE Expert)
If you’re an expert in Google Cloud Platform DevOps (DevOps / Kubernetes / Istio / Helm / Docker) who wants to keep learning and honing your skills in a startup while having flexibility to work when and where you want, and using your experience to improve the infrastructure of a successful video marketing platform, then this is the opportunity for you.
- a MarTech SaaS looking for a talented and experienced DevOps Engineer to help us with ongoing DevOps. Since we're small, we really want someone who can grow into a leadership role with us as we continue to scale. You'll work closely with our CTO, who ensures we build a solid, bug-free, scalable product that users love.
We're doing millions of video plays a month that all have marketing analytics on them, which creates a lot of requests and high loads in our infrastructure. The person in this role will be key to optimize this load and our platform full-time on an ongoing basis.
If you’ve only touched GCP 1 out of 100 projects and can only suggest using vanilla VMs and don’t know how to achieve top performance with GCP centric tools AND cost savings at the same time, then this is not for you. We need a real GCP expert to really help us out.
What you can expect from us:
- A fun and challenging opportunity to work on a really cool product in an interesting niche.
- Collaboration with a team of smart people across Eastern Europe and the US who have fun while getting s*** done.
- A flexible remote work environment where you can choose when to work (aside from a few team meetings).
- Having your contributions valued (i.e. not being treated like a cog in a machine).
What we’ll expect from you:
- Deep knowledge and expertise, specifically in Google Cloud Platform (NOT AWS), Kubernetes / Docker on GCP’s GKE including Istio, Helm, and Spinnaker.
- GCP/GKE certification is a big plus.
- Someone who takes initiative/ownership and that we can trust and rely on to do what you say you will do.
- Communicating with us about potential issues, blockers, changes made, etc.
- A desire to constantly be challenged, learn and grow.
- Passion for the end-user experience.
- Conversational English skills (verbal and written).
What you’ll be doing:
- Ongoing monitoring and maintenance.
- Creating and managing k8s, Istio and Helm manifests, CI/CD pipelines, kubernetes clusters.
- Managing nodejs/PHP/Golang applications.
- Identifying issues and solving them as they arise.
- Searching for best fit in terms of business value & costs infrastructural solutions, installing & managing them.
If this sounds like the role for you, we’d LOVE to hear from you. Please get in touch.