Senior Content Strategist
Senior Content Strategist
Launch is an agency that creates digital products and experiences. But that doesn’t tell the full story of how we apply strategy and creative thinking. We solve complex problems through research, analysis, and firsthand conversations with clients & customers. Our multidisciplinary team brings research and strategy together, building user-friendly designs that engage and inspire. Learn more about our team and culture.
The Senior Content Strategist we seek must be passionate about the process of transforming business goals and objectives into a plan that uses content as the primary means of achieving those goals. This person is a strategic thinker and someone who believes the entire customer journey is powered by engaging content that connects with its audience on a human level.
This person enjoys the challenge of developing roadmaps for how content can support a brand and they are constantly studying and exploring new verticals and industries. They will use research, insights and creativity to develop strategy, messaging and content for the agency and a variety of our clients. This role sits within our growing Brand & Marketing Strategy practice and will be critical to the mentoring of other members of the team.
This person will bring empathy and inquisitiveness to bear with innovative approaches to work that spans brand positioning, marketing campaigns, product messaging, website development, social media, email, SEO, SEM and any new opportunities come our way.
- 5+ years professional experience
- Agency experience is a must
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment to uncover insights and opportunities
- Comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously - both as a collaborator and individual contributor
- Ability to create interpersonal relationships with both clients and the internal team
- Excellent in facilitating and managing client / stakeholder discussions
- Ability to conduct market/industry research and trend analysis
- Solid understanding of SEO/SEM protocols and procedures
- Deep experience in the creation of key content deliverables such as content audit, personas, content gap analysis, editorial calendar, content model, journey mapping, style guide, etc.
- Proven ability to work as an effective team member and ability to motivate others
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and organizational skills
- Problem solver and effective negotiator
Research, Analysis & Strategy - 60%
- Analyzing industry and market research
- Conducting stakeholder interviews and client workshops
- Creating actionable deliverables for clients and internal teams
- Building personas and documenting the customer journey
- Collaboratively generating ideas and providing feedback to team members across all disciplines including creative, UX, technology, etc.
- Building roadmaps that inform the client and teams of the content needed
- Performing content audits/analysis in order to inform project needs
- Working with the Executive Director of Brand & Marketing Strategy to manage deliverables and timeline
- Keeping up-to-date on trends and education
Agency Brand & Content Strategy Support - 30%
- Supporting agency brand and marketing efforts by creating engaging content
- Leveraging SEO skills to create content that drives organic traffic for the agency and our clients
- Building standards and services for our content strategy practice
- Helping mentor team members on principles of content strategy
- Acting as an advocate for Content Strategy within the organization
Client Management - 10%
- Acting as a trusted advisor to clients
Launch is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Reports to Shannon Delaney, Executive Director of Brand & Marketing Strategy.
Expected % of time spent traveling: 10%