Senior Mobile Quality Engineer
We want you to help us take WordPress, Woo, Simplenote, Tumblr, and other native apps for Android and iOS to the next level. We want people to be able to blog and manage their site or shop wherever they are, taking advantage of the things that make our mobile devices our most important ones, such as media and notifications. We work closely with multi-functional product teams to improve the WordPress, Woo, Tumblr, and Simplenote experience on phones and tablets — both the apps and their underlying APIs and systems.
Let‘s talk about you. The Senior Mobile Quality Engineer position might be a good fit if you:
- Deeply understand test methodologies, such as functional, integration, regression, globalization, localization, and performance testing.
- Are familiar with mobile testing, both iOS, and Android.
- Are disciplined, with an eye for detail, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Triage efficiently, prioritizing issues by the highest impact and scope. You know how to get the right bugs fixed.
- Are comfortable in a collaborative, agile, and distributed development environment.
- Are unabashedly customer-focused.
- Are an evangelist for quality who is willing to spread proven methodologies and quality mindset to the rest of the engineering org. You are always looking for a better way to do things.
- Can quickly assimilate whatever technologies are needed for a project.
- Have the ability to objectively evaluate overall release quality and advise on go/no-go decisions.
- Are highly collaborative, love participating in code reviews, and discussions about architecture or design.
- Are open and able to travel 3-4 weeks per year to meet up with your teammates in person.
- WordPress programming experience.
- Open source contributions or contributions to programs designed to help underrepresented people enter the tech field.
- Are thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
These are exciting times at Automattic and you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the future of our products. Join us! We look forward to hearing from you.
HOW TO APPLY
Does this sound interesting? If yes, click the Apply button below and fill out our application form. In your cover letter, let us know what you can contribute to the team. We are lucky to receive many applications for this position, so try to make your application stand out.