Product Analytics Lead - Mobile
, we believe in making the web a better place, and making our workplace a happy place. We hope you can join us on this journey! Our Apps division designs, builds, and supports our native apps for WordPress, WooCommerce, and Simplenote. Our Data team builds algorithms and data products that connect millions of publishers with billions of readers every month and drive growth for our business and our customers. We are looking for a product analyst to join the Apps division to help us drive growth with data, insights, and technical solutions.We are looking for the first Product Analytics Lead to join our Mobile Apps division to help us drive growth with data, insights, and technical solutions. While the role will be very hands-on initially and focused on owning and leading all data efforts within the Division, we plan to create a Data team around them in the long term.
- Own all aspects of data for our mobile apps, to empower mobile engineers with data for optimal decision making.
- Build funnels, cohort analyses, data pipelines, and dashboards.
- Validate tracking, enforce metrics consistency, design & analyze experiments.
- Run exploratory analysis and post-launch analysis to identify growth opportunities and help accelerate and direct test iteration.
- Run predictive modeling for things like targeting or personalization.
- Are product-oriented and want to be involved in the development process from an early stage, collaborating with design, development, and marketing to define metrics to track, experiments to run, and success criteria.
- Are a cross-team collaborator, able to effectively work with teams across multiple departments, time zones, and functions. You can discover and tell the story behind the data.
- Are a strong, proactive communicator and writer, and comfortable with deciding and managing your own priorities.
- Have excellent quantitative skills and are very comfortable with data, statistical modeling, and analysis.
- Are curious, have phenomenal attention to detail, and possess proven problem-solving skills.
- Can work with the product team to help them gain a fuller understanding of users’ needs.
- Have prior hands-on experience with data, proficiency in SQL.
- Have programming experiences with Python, R or PHP, and are familiar with some data tools (Hive, Impala, Airflow).
Speaking of interests and skills, here are some areas in which you can grow and have further impact in the future at the company:
- Leadership – we offer a variety of leadership options to those who have interest, including becoming a team lead and managing releases.
- Learning and development – we have a generous personal development budget and encourage you to grow your skills through courses, books and conferences.
- Architecture – we encourage developers to develop expertise in the systems they work with, guide their evolution and mentor other developers working on them.
- Engineering effectiveness – we believe in helping other developers become more effective through tools, practices, cross-team collaborations, and process improvements.
How do we work?
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when they feel best.
- We open-source! We’re cool with open-sourcing everything except passwords, or secret keys.
- We ship often, deploying many times daily with the help of peer code review, continuous integration, and our global workforce in over 70 countries.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, & INCLUSION AT AUTOMATTIC
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Read more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion
and our Employee Resource Groups