As a Support Manager at Awesome Motive, you’ll manage a world-class, rapidly growing, fully remote support team within WPForms.
WPForms is the most popular WordPress form builder plugin, with over 4+ million users. So your work will have a big impact!
We’re looking for an experienced support manager who is already deeply familiar with the WordPress ecosystem. You’ll work alongside our existing support management team to coordinate, lead, and scale everything that our support team is involved in (which includes, but is not limited to, handling all customer emails from pre-sale and upgrade inquiries to troubleshooting and billing, WordPress.org forum support, blog comment management, and both internal and customer-facing documentation).
Throughout all of the work you do, you’ll continually reinforce a positive, team-oriented culture while helping our support team to successfully scale.
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You thrive on challenges, whether that means rapidly learning new things or juggling numerous high-priority tasks.
- You’re an excellent and consistent communicator.
- You enjoy both collaborating and working autonomously, based on the needs of your team.
- You consistently model values and behaviors that demonstrate a high standard of integrity.
- You're a committed life-long learner, constantly curious to know more and find out “the why” behind processes and decisions - and not afraid to ask questions.
- You don't shy away from difficult conversations, and know that critical feedback is vital for an individual and team to succeed long-term.
- You find deep satisfaction in helping others to grow and succeed. Further, you have a knack for motivating and instilling confidence in others.
- You enjoy identifying patterns and trends, and using those to thoughtfully determine both short and long-term action plans.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Setting a high standard of performance goals and KPIs for the support team, and ensuring the team consistently meets or exceeds these goals.
- Learning our products and processes inside and out.
- Continually monitoring and providing feedback on the performance of Support Team Leads.
- Frequently checking in with Support Team Leads about the performance of their reports, and determining the most appropriate actions based on both their feedback and your personal observations/experiences.
- Communicating regularly with the support team, including leading weekly support team meetings.
- Organizing and leading support training.
- Onboarding new support team members.
- Delegating support responsibilities, and helping Support Team Leads to manage fluctuating workloads.
- Providing written and verbal performance reviews for your team.
- Managing time off requests and scheduling.
- Managing support team hiring and exiting.
- Coordinating with team members outside of support to make sure everyone is on the same page.
- Ensuring that all internal support team documentation stays up to date.
- Personally handling escalated tickets.
- Communicating frequently with the team using chat, audio, and video.
Location and hours:
This is a remote position - our team is spread around the globe!
Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours -- and work hours for this position -- are 9am - 5pm Eastern Time.
Want to find out more about Awesome Motive?
Be sure to take a look at our About
pages for details on how Awesome Motive has continued to evolve in order to best help small businesses grow and compete with the big guys, and how we strive to give back.And for an even deeper dive, you can check out more about our individual teams and products (
- At least 2 years managing a team of 10 or more.
- At least 3 years in support or customer service.
- At least 2 years building/troubleshooting WordPress sites.
- Experience directly managing a remote team.
- Excellent English writing and communication skills, including a strong ability to show empathy in your writing.
- WordPress troubleshooting (ie browser dev tools, Site Health, viewing source code)
- Strong leadership with the ability to step up and take charge.
- Patience, grace, and a sense of humor.
- Talent for taking something complicated and explaining it simply.
- Ability to prioritize workloads in order to balance an assortment of tasks and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Personal computer with internet access.
- Work hours of 9am - 5pm Eastern Time.
- Ability to participate in video meetings at any times needed during work hours.
Bonus points if you also have:
- Proven track record leading a support team for WordPress plugins.
- Experience managing a team of 25 or more.
- Experience working with team members around the globe.
- Experience using Awesome Motive products, such as WPForms, WP Mail SMTP, MonsterInsights, OptinMonster, etc.
- Experience working with the major services that many of our products integrate with (Zapier, Mailchimp, Drip, Stripe, etc).
- Experience with WordPress development (eg themes, hooks, plugin API, PHP, etc).
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them.
Here’s what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for vacation, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Reimbursement for software you’ll need, as well as books or courses that promote continued learning
- The opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference
- Custom branded laptop at your five year anniversary
- Coverage of all costs related to company travel (including our annual all-company retreat)
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If you think you're a good fit for everything shared above, then please submit your application!
A cover letter is optional, but strongly encouraged. This is your chance to make your application stand out :)
We look forward to hearing from you!