Our infrastructure team provides a platform to application development teams for building their services. The platform, Signavio Cloud OS, covers various aspects such as container orchestration, monitoring, deployment tools, security and governance. We aim for an optimal experience for developers - our users - so that they can bootstrap, enhance, and run integrated services with ease.
Together with a team of DevOps Engineers you will contribute to maintenance and growth of Signavio Cloud OS and to the enablement of delivery teams in running their services and products on our platform.
- Design, build and maintain the platform for our production systems, e.g. using AWS, Terraform and Kubernetes
- Furthermore, you are following and pushing our strict infrastructure-as-code / GitOps approach on AWS
- Help us improving our development workflows
- Collaborate transparently with a variety of internal stakeholders in the form of demos, presentations and documentation
- Collaborate on the migration from on-premise to cloud - AWS
- Collaborate and pair with engineers from various delivery teams on a group level; also supporting multiple environments
- Be a part of improving code infrastructure, continuous testing, and security
- Experience in setting up and administering AWS-Infrastructure, preferably with Infra-as-code tools (Terraform, Cloudformation, CDK)
- You know how to maintain and debug Docker
- Experience or willingness to learn service-meshes with Kubernetes & Istio.
- Ability to communicate with clarity with delivery team members, provide onboarding and guidance on infrastructure topics
- Good experience in Linux
- Ability to apply software engineering practices (CI/CD, TDD, GitHub workflow) also to infrastructure
- Understand concepts of High Availability, Scalability, Security and Disaster Recovery
- You dislike manual changes to infrastructure. You cannot sleep well with untested changes and fight for simplicity
- You are a strong team player and understand that we can only succeed as a team
What we offer
We keep things open, agile and communicative. It is all based on trust, not micromanaging. The whole department is located together in one office in beautiful Berlin, however due to the current situation we work and onboard 100% remotely to keep our employees safe.
Our team members are self-organized within their teams, working on independent projects or closely with Product Leads, developers and UX designers. We value your thoughts and ideas and will give you the freedom to push and implement them!
We offer competitive salaries and support personal growth with functional in-house coaching and a personal development budget that includes three days off per year. You will gain – and share – knowledge during recurring learning groups, jours fixes and our annual Code Camp.
You are free to use the OS of your choice, the tooling you are comfortable with and set up your workspace the way you like it. Signavio will support you with all the necessary office equipment, even when working from home!
We get that balancing a family and work can be a challenge, so everyone gets flexible working hours and 30 days of holidays per year. Moreover, Signavio will support you in case of relocation and visa application. Note: We support your relocation but due to tax reason you’d be required to be resident in one of the following countries: Germany, France, Sweden, Switzerland, Netherland, UK. Visa support can currently be offered only for Germany.
*Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?*
by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. In contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying.
We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role and Signavio.
*How can I demonstrate that I have particular needs in the application process?*
For people living with disabilities, chronic illnesses, or neurodiversity, adjustments and support can make a decisive difference in the application process. If you need any specific accommodations (tools, time, etc.) and feel comfortable disclosing this, please let us know.