We are focused on creating a state-of-the-art, real-time, soft-body physics engine and making it widely available for entertainment and simulation purposes. BeamNG.tech
is an academia and industry-oriented side of our platform. BeamNG.tech
provides a suitable solution for ADAS & autonomous driving and it also serves as a backend for driver's training applications. BeamNG.tech
is helping OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers, universities, and research institutes deal with various human-centered design and engineering challenges.
Our most widely known product is our vehicle simulation BeamNG.drive
, which is available on Steam in Early Access. To support our ongoing and future development plans, we are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer for our development team, who will work across our suite of products, tackling a variety of research, engineering, and game challenges. We expect the person to take ownership of various engineering tasks and reach decisions in conducting and analyzing research-based software development for our simulation and research projects. The person will work closely with our Executives, tech, and development leads.
- Spearhead and lead high impact research projects
- Lead the development of new software features, from initial conception to final implementation, testing, and deployment on different platforms
- Develop and maintain vehicle sensor simulation (LIDARs, RADARs, cameras, etc) as well as full autonomous vehicle simulation
- Define and monitor key metrics, understand core issues/problems, and identify/suggest ways to improve our processes
- Collaborate with engineers, artists, and business managers to advance the capabilities of the software platform
- Support the research team by guiding the junior developers and engineers
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering and development projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Physics or Math (or equivalent work experience)
- Strong C++, Python, and Linux skills
- Ability to work and collaborate in cross-functional teams with engineers, artists, and management
- Experience in building simulations for the automated driving industry and/or research is an advantage
- Excellent communication skills in English, able to convey complex information clearly and suitably to a diverse audience
- Desire to learn, enjoy the fun challenges of a unique physics engine simulation game: like us
- Strong math skills in analytical geometry and linear algebra
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Lua
- Experience in working for or researching within the autonomous driving and ADAS features development
- Experience in leading a project and mentoring team members
- Flexible working hours
- Language courses
- Talent development program (training budget, participation in seminars/conferences, and etc)
- Personal development program (feedback, leadership, conflict engagement, etc)
- Budget for home office
- Parental leave
- Employee assistance program
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Our recruitment process
Our recruitment process starts with an introductory call with our HR team, continues with a coding challenge, a technical interview, and finally a stakeholder interview
Our journey began in 2013 and we've continued to expand as an independent studio since then. We are a team of over 60 employees of 19 nationalities with a headquarters in Bremen, Germany, and we are always on the lookout for expert talent to join us!
We consider our employees to be our most valuable assets, and all of them play a vital role in helping us establish and nurture the company's culture and values. We are a guild of innovators, artists, engineers, and designers, who appreciate and embrace the diversity of our perspectives and know-how to apply them to grow together as a community and foster a healthy work environment.
Together, we are building a safe and inclusive atmosphere, with transparent processes to amplify individuality, empathy, respect, creativity, and continuous learning for all employees. Regardless of your identity or background, we would be happy to welcome your application if you feel inspired and want to become a part of our team! Skip writing lengthy cover letters and tell us more about your passion for gaming and why specifically BeamNG.
To minimize bias throughout the hiring process, please submit your application in English. Do not be discouraged if you don’t meet all the criteria for a specific role, feel free to submit an unsolicited application.