Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps) - REMOTE
Penn Interactive Ventures
Penn Interactive (PI) is an interactive gaming company headquartered in Philadelphia. PI is the digital arm of Penn National Gaming (NASDAQ: PENN), the largest regional casino operator in the U.S.). Our mission is to challenge the norms of the gaming industry by building an immersive interactive gaming experience that is responsible, innovative, and fun. Through our partnership with Barstool Sports, we are hoping to continue to launch our online sportsbook and icasino across the US. We are committed to helping our team members grow and succeed. We believe that hiring talented individuals that love what they do will help us win!
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our SRE team, to work cross-functionally across engineering, focusing on the and be at the front lines, building pipelines, tackling production issues and utilizing the latest and greatest cloud technologies. We’re looking for excited individuals who want to be immersed in AWS and Automation, and believe in our focus on Availability, Reliability and Durability.
- Support our AWS infrastructure for the engineering team, ensuring system availability, performance, capacity, and continuity.
- Improve automation processes, using our infrastructure-as-cloud tooling, Terraform
- Support the team with responding to incident response tickets, designing new infrastructure architecture and providing technical support as needed
- Design methods and modeling for AWS applications along with compute, network and storage development, support and creation of Terraform scripts to automate deployment
- Build and develop a common infrastructure platform upon which many applications can run with a strong focus on monitoring/alerting/resiliency
- 2+ years working heavily within an AWS cloud environment (ECS, Lambda, HA Architecture)
- 2+ years of experience building infrastructure-as-code using Terraform
- 2+ years of high-level programming experience in Python or Go
- Strong Docker production experience (Docker Swarm, ECS, Kubernetes, etc)
- Experience with Blue/Green and multi-region AWS deployments
- Experience with configuration management and continuous deployment
- Experience working with applications requiring compliance audits
- Experience with production support issues, and how to remediate in a timely manner
- Must qualify for licenses and permits required by federal, state and local regulations.
- Position requires licensing in applicable states that PI operates, which is subject to change.
Something to leave you with
Penn Interactive is committed to helping our team members live their best, healthy life. We offer unique and competitive benefits that help our team members stay healthy and safe. Some of our competitive benefits include:
- Flexible paid time off options and holiday time
- A multi-carrier marketplace that has a wide array of medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K saving & matching program
- Collaborate and flexible working environments