Senior DevOps Engineer
About the Role
At Techcyte, we are building machine learning algorithms for microscopy testing using the latest in deep learning. To support these applications, we use AWS in a dynamically scaling environment while maintaining the availability and quality requirements of medical-grade software.
We use the following technologies (and more!):
- AWS (S3, EC2, ECS, CloudFront, DynamoDB)
- Terraform, Vault, Packer
- Gitlab CI
- Tempo (OpenTracing)
- Go, ReactJS, Python
- Docker, Ansible
- Prometheus, Grafana
The goal of our DevOps team is to create a self-service system for everyone to get their job done. This means designing intuitive and well-documented infrastructure as code that allows others to get their jobs done efficiently, securely, and correctly instead of doing it all for them. At Techcyte, we believe the primary developers are the best suited to dissect production problems, and the DevOps team provides top-notch tools and methods to help them do that. As such, our DevOps members are still developers and will participate in product development, but they should be evangelists for thinking about code in the context of where and how it runs.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Have a BS in Computer Science or a related degree, or related experience
- Be authorized to work in the United States
- 6+ years experience building on AWS or other cloud infrastructure
- Excellent coding skills (main languages in the company are Go, ReactJS, and Python)
- Ability to work on remote Linux systems
- Current with modern dev tools and methodologies such as agile development, git, bug trackers, and team chats.
- Be able to work remotely
- Ability to optimize queuing and complex systems to improve speed or costs
- Knowledge around best security practices
- Experience with SQL databases
Candidates will be asked to code in the interview process.