DevOps Engineer (Windows/C#)
Are you a problem solver who enjoys taking ownership of a problem and finding creative solutions? Would you like to be part of a team that is about to embark on a companywide initiative to restructure our current deployment environment? Babel Street is seeking a Software Engineer to join our fast-paced, close-knit, self-directed DevOps team. Babel Street is looking for a candidate who can balance managing the responsibilities of supporting sprint teams, working with IT, continuing long term initiatives, and triaging production issues. Come join a team where you can make a difference and contribute your expertise to a growing company’s technical challenges.
As a Software Engineer on the DevOps team, the candidate will interact with Source Control Management, Build/Deploy, Infrastructure, and additional tooling. The candidate will need to have an extensive understanding of Software Engineering to be able to contribute to help update and streamline legacy applications for new environments. The candidate will be expected to:
- Design, Implement, and Maintain new strategies for refining and automating parts of the SDLC
- Advocate for iterative growth throughout the entire SDLC
- Communicate across teams the status of current initiatives and sprint team needs
- Advocate for security
A candidate should have at least 5+ years of experience and a track record of successful execution of the implementation throughout the entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- 5+ years Enterprise Windows Software Development experience in an Object-Oriented Language (C#/C++)
- Experience of converting projects from C# .net framework to C# .net core/standard
- Enterprise production experience using Containers (Docker)
- Excellent communication skills, time management, problem solving, and technical full stack understanding of the SDLC and Enterprise level infrastructure.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time and use computer keyboard and/or mouse, while viewing computer screen.
Babel Street is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Babel Street will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.In addition, Babel Street's policy is to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified employees who have protected disabilities to the extent required by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances where a particular employee works. Upon request, we will provide you with more information about such accommodations.