Time zones: ART (UTC -3)
, UTC -3
, UTC -2
, GMT (UTC +0)
, CET (UTC +1)
, EET (UTC +2)
, MSK (UTC +3)
, FKST (UTC -3)
, CEST (UTC +2)
, BST (UTC +1)
, CVT (UTC -1)
, WAT (UTC +1)
, SAST (UTC +2)
, EAT (UTC +3)
(Fully remote, GMT +/- 3 hours)
It's an exciting time to join our team! We're a fully remote startup on a mission to build the #1 reliability automation platform for developers. We make End-to-End automation delightful, fast, and code-driven. A workflow with a world-class developer experience!
Thousands of developers are using Checkly today, we have recently passed the milestone of 1 billion check runs and raised our $10M USD Series A led by CRV!
We care about building a team where people of all backgrounds are encouraged to do their best work.
What you'll do
We're looking for a Mid to Senior Product Designer to join our team. You'll be the second Product Designer on our 20 people team and you'll be working closely with product and engineering. More specifically, you will:
- Lead the product design of Checkly's web application. You'll be the go-to person for the team when they need design decisions about user experience and the interface.
- Help shape new features alongside with the product team.
- Be in close contact with support and customer success team to solve customers' problems.
- Maintain our growing design system -called Rakun- in close contact with frontend developers and other designers by adding new components, removing obsolete ones, fixing problems, and planning its growth.
- Deliver solutions for our open source projects, such as Headless Recorder.
What we use
- Figma for almost anything. Sketching out ideas, creating wireframes, designing dev ready UIs and managing our design system. No Sketch.
- Zeplin for developer handover.
- Miro for white boarding.
- Notion for all document related stuff. No Google Docs.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills. Our communication is in English and a lot of it is written.
- Ability to be autonomous and self-motivated in a remote work environment, while you also enjoy getting to know your colleagues and helping others.
- Experience designing data-heavy screens, such as graphs, tables, charts, etc.
- Experience working on design-systems.
- Understand how front-end works. (We don't expect you to code.)
- Ability to visualize and prototype your ideas quickly.
- Not in love with your own work and know when to move on.
- Great at juggling multiple projects at once.
What we offer
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Become part of a fast-growing, international, and remote team
- Flexible work hours and we support families: you can pick up your kids without worrying about work
- 27 days of paid vacation & paid sick leave
- Modern laptop and equipment provided
- Learning budget
- Regular retreats to meet the team in person (when the pandemic allows it)
We're working on a salary calculator (such as Buffer
's and Gitlab
's), but we're not there yet!
For this role of Mid to Senior Product Designer, we're looking at a range of €50,000 to €65,000 for someone located in Berlin or an area with a similar cost of market. If the cost of market of lower or higher than Berlin's, that also moves the range.
If this sounds interesting, please apply! If you're not sure you're the right fit, apply anyway and let us know what you bring to the table. We'd love to hear from you! Please make sure to add your portfolio with some examples of your work along with your CV.
We're all about being transparent and setting clear expectations. That's why we've put together our hiring playbook
. There you'll find a sneak peek of who we are and what you can expect in our hiring process.