GLIDE, a values-first digital creative agency based in Austin, Texas is looking for a UX Designer. This role is freelance and part-time.
ABOUT THE JOB
GLIDE Designers understand our clients’ business models and deliver concepts that merge beauty and results.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with creative director on UI designs for GLIDE client projects.
- Design graphic user interfaces mostly but not just limited to website projects.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how sites function and look.
- Adhere to client’s brand standards on fonts, colors and images.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Conduct layout adjustments based on internal and client feedback.
- Create original graphic assets (e.g. icons, sketches and other graphics).
- Follow best practices for design file builds and packaging for development.
- Use of collaboration tools like Google Apps, Slack, Done Done, Asana, Zoom.
- Contribute to GLIDE portfolio collections.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of web design experience.
- A strong portfolio showcasing projects with clean aesthetics and good user experience.
- Expert understanding of design principles including typography, layout, grid, composition, and hierarchy. Understanding of design systems is a plus.
- Experience with modern UI tools like Figma, Sketch or Adobe XD.
- A basic understanding of how web technologies work (HTML+CSS) and their current capabilities.
WHY WE’LL LOVE YOU
You say “Hell Yeah!” when reading our core values:
- Build meaningful relationships – You see every day as an opportunity to grow and inspire and celebrate others.
- Love what you do – You do it for the love of the craft and the process and because work excites you.
- Better every day – You’d rather live in the stretch zone than the comfort zone. Trying new things is the only way to grow.
- Deliver faithfully – You set clear and realistic expectations for yourself and others. Then you follow through.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US
Here’s a few reasons we think you’ll love working at GLIDE:
- Purpose – Unrelenting focus on our core purpose to help people who help others
- Freedom – Freedom of time, location and work hours to balance your work/life
- People – Collaboration with kind-hearted, humble, and talented “A” players
- Remote – Work from anywhere, travel the world, be FREE to roam!
- Balance – We never ask people to work nights, weekends or holidays
- Growth – We encourage, recognize, and support employee career development
- Culture – Daily, weekly, quarterly and annual cultural activities
- Recognition – 628 encouraging Slack posts of specific recognition in 2020
- G-Labs – Core GLIDE initiative to collaborate, innovate and make a better world
- Strategy – We communicate big picture, annual and quarterly goals regularly
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
For almost 20 years, our desire to help people who help others remains true. For that reason, GLIDE has always sought to work with startups, nonprofits, and difference makers—all passionate, all wanting to do amazing things. It’s about giving great ideas and great organizations the exposure they deserve through delightful online digital experiences that are beautiful, useful, and produce lasting value.
We attribute our success and well-being to working with other passionate folks, choosing projects that everyone can rally behind and fanatically embracing open source platforms like WordPress. Whether it’s a nonprofit that distributes care boxes to cancer patients or a devilishly good taco maker, GLIDE has had the privilege and honor to work with truly beloved brands like Yeti Coolers, Torchy’s Tacos, iFLY, H.E. Butt Foundation, RetailMeNot, National Breast Cancer Foundation, WP Engine, and many more.
This position is on a freelance/contract basis and remote. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience.
You’re free to work from anywhere anytime. If you’re outside of the US but can work at least 4+ hours in the US Central time zone from 9am-6pm, let’s talk. You should be fluent in English and have a strong wifi signal to support Zoom video chats with our team.
We celebrate our diversity, of nationality, race, ethnicity, gender, religion, lifestyle, location, and more. We believe a variety of backgrounds, experiences and voices make for a better workplace. We strongly encourage people of color, individuals who identify as LGBTQ+, women, and people with disabilities to apply.
No agencies or recruiters please.