Buffer is a platform of social media products made for small businesses. We help our customers stand out online and drive meaningful engagement and measurable results for their brand and bottom line. Our mission is to provide essential tools to help small businesses get off the ground and grow. Through exceptional customer service and uplifting content, we help companies believe they can succeed and do good along the way.
Our Culture and Values
Clear communication, transparency
, open-mindedness, empathy, and patience are just a few of Buffer's cultural values
. We are looking for a person who understands this culture and will thrive within a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty, and openness. Here's a guide
on how we strive to communicate with customers.Working at Buffer is collaborative effort built on the foundation of our core values. We try to be “No Ego Doers” who are aware of our assumptions, and joining us means you'll work together with the team in order to test and confirm our ideas. In our career framework, we choose to focus on the journey, the growth, and evolution that is a career.
We're cultivating a unique and robust culture, and building a different type of company that’s focused not only on the bottom line, but also the happiness and personal growth of our customers and team along the journey.
Where You'll Work
Buffer is a fully distributed team, which means that we’re spread across the planet. We have Bufferoos in 15 countries, 11 timezones, and 42 cities around the world to build a great culture and product.
About the Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Manager position
We’re looking for a Talent Acquisition and Onboarding Manager to own the recruiting on onboarding process at Buffer. We are a fully distributed company and are seeking a TA leader who is familiar with recruiting globally.
You will manage the end-to-end recruiting process, which includes proactively sourcing both technical and non-technical talent who align with our values, screening applicants who come through our job postings and making offers. While we do want to fill roles as quickly as possible, we also want to be sure that we are seeking out and building a diverse talent pool that reflects the diversity of our clients around the world. This is an individual contributor role in which you will conduct and manage the talent acquisition and onboarding process.
What You’ll Do
- Proactively source passive candidates (LinkedIn, Github, affinity groups, etc), screen inbound applications and build a diverse pipeline of talent that aligns with Buffer’s values.
- Create innovative search strategies and help hiring managers craft job descriptions, develop interview plans and questions, and assemble a diverse hiring team.
- Develop and nurture relationships with hiring managers and become a true recruitment partner who understands the manager’s function, needs, and goals for their department.
- Provide regular reporting on the status of each job posting and make recommendations based on talent trends in relevant markets.
- Serve as the candidate’s main point of contact from the time of application through onboarding.
- Solicit feedback from all interviewers and update candidates in a timely fashion.
- Make salary recommendations for offers using our salary calculator and external compensation tool.
- Assist hiring managers in the creation of offer letters and onboarding plans and ensure new hire data accuracy in relevant systems and tools.
- Ensure that all candidates - whether they receive an offer or not - have a positive experience with Buffer.
- Establish recruiting process best practices and provide training to interviewing teams.
- Learn and stay current on the product and new offerings in order to really sell candidates on the opportunity
- Work closely with the People team to continually refine our recruiting, onboarding, and DEI processes and metrics, with a particular focus on process improvements during slower hiring times.
Helpful Skills & Experience
- Experience sourcing both software engineers and non-technical talent in various countries utilizing a variety of job boards, social media sites, and affinity groups. You know where talent hangs out and how to engage with them to find out what they are interested in doing and what they’d need to make a move.
- Ability to speak 'tech.' You should be familiar with technical terms and be able to explain the tech stack we use and our software development life cycle to engineering candidates. Bonus points if you've worked at a SaaS company.
- A track record of building a diverse talent pipeline and helping to build an equitable and inclusive work place.
- You’ve built relationships with hiring managers, are able to understand their pain points, and counsel them on the realities of market competition and trends.
- You enjoy data and analytics. You can spot trends and make recommendations to our hiring manager and executive team based on market data.
- You’ve worked with Greenhouse or a similar ATS
- You’re familiar with Radford or a similar compensation tool.
Perks and Benefits
We hope that you're excited by the possibilities that come with working at Buffer! In addition to our unique culture, we also offer these fun perks and benefits.
💰 Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is: $135,000-150,000.
🏝 Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like! We believe in folks working where they are happiest and most productive.
💪 Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
💻 Home office setup: Get a laptop + $500 to set up your home office.
👓 Growth mindset fund: Extra money for learning and development.
⛺️ Time to recharge: At least 3 weeks/year of minimum vacation, with no upper limit and currently we're working a 4-day workweek.
🤑 401(k): With 3% company match.
📈 Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits. We distribute 8-15% of profits annually to the team.
🍼 Family leave: 3 months of family leave for all parents, and more is possible.
✈️ Retreats: When we can, we meet in person for company get-togethers twice per year.
☕️ Working smarter stipend: Get some extra cash for a co-working space or coffee shop work.
📚 Free books and Kindle: Get a free Kindle and all the free books - digital, physical, and audio - you like, anytime.
⛱ Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.
Here's our hiring process:
Stage 1: Application. Apply to join the team through the form below. If you don't hear from us for the first week or two after submitting your application, don't be alarmed. :) Step 2: Getting to know your values. You'll speak with a member of our People team so we can learn more about your values and the value you will bring to Buffer.Step 3: Getting to know your role. You'll chat with Melissa, our VP of People, so that she can learn more about your background, experience and achievements. Step 4. Get know your team. You'll chat with a member of the DEI team and a hiring manager to learn what it would be like to partner with them.