Adblock, Inc. is a small team that serves tens of millions of people worldwide. Our vision is to provide our users with simple, intuitive tools to block distractions, protect their privacy, and put people in control of their internet experience.
Our products have been downloaded hundreds of million times and work in all major web browsers, as well as on macOS, iOS, Windows, and Android devices.
Our team has been fully remote since its inception, and we each work from whatever location works best for us. What unites us is a desire to give users control over their web experience.
To achieve our mission, and serve our users, we need a QA engineer who can support our software testing efforts and help our users navigate the web safely. You’ll be joining a small, collaborative team and you’ll have the opportunity to impact the strategic direction of our products, which include our ad blockers, VPN, and future products.
You’ll be working primarily on our VPN product
, and you’ll collaborate closely with cross-functional teams that include engineers, product designers, product managers, and more. When you’re not creating, managing and optimizing test cases, you’ll use your previous experience to propose suggestions for improving your team’s processes.
You’re an excellent communicator and, just like your future colleagues, you value collaboration, embrace new challenges and care deeply about the team’s needs.
We’re a globally distributed team that spans many time zones. In this role you’ll be supporting a team that's based primarily in North America; however, you’ll be expected to collaborate with colleagues in Europe. This means some late-evening (7 pm CET) or early-morning (7 AM PST) meetings a few times a week.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; you enjoy collaborating with cross-functional teams
- At least 3 years of experience working as a QA engineer in software development
- Solid understanding of QA processes, approaches, methodologies, and software development lifecycle
- Experience setting up QA processes in a team
- Basic knowledge of Selenium or other automation frameworks
- Knowledge of source code management tools like Git
Bonus Points For:
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Having worked in a start-up and/or in a cross-functional team
- Experience collaborating remotely with a distributed team
- Experience testing mobile apps and/or native Windows and macOS apps
- Experience with automated testing for mobile apps, in-app payments, account management systems
- Familiarity with Selenium Webdriver or webdriverIO
What You’ll Do:
- Use your experience to advocate for and implement quality assurance in all process steps of the product development lifecycle
- Develop new test cases, extend and maintain the documentation for your team
- Perform exploratory testing for a variety of platforms, and run checklist tests against the requirements to ensure that users will get a great experience each time
- Document testing phases and defects, report bugs and errors to the development team, and optimize the QA processes
- Once you’ve settled in and taken on some QA automation responsibilities, you’ll support your team by assessing which tests could be automated and working towards making that happen
- Work with the QA Manager and other testing engineers to further improve the QA tooling landscape for the entire product portfolio of the company
Why You’ll Love Our Team
- Competitive Salary: Our salaries are based on Radford data, a widely-used global compensation benchmark, to ensure we provide competitive pay. We don’t adjust your salary based on where you live, so you can live wherever you like.
- Comprehensive Benefits: We offer a benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance coverage*, 401K matching*, 14 weeks of paid parental leave, and more.
- Professional Growth: We give team members the autonomy to do their best work. Because we’re a small team, you’ll be able to immediately see the impact of your work and grow with the team. We also support professional development with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- Fully Distributed Community: You’ll be able to work 100% remotely, yet remain well-connected to your colleagues. When we’re not in the midst of a pandemic, we meet at least once a year for a week-long offsite.
- Generous Vacation Policy: We encourage our employees to take the time they need for a vacation, to spend time with their families, and to stay healthy by offering at least 28 days of paid leave.
- Office Equipment: We’ll provide you with a setup of your choice, based on what you need to work effectively.
*Currently, healthcare, and retirement plans are only available in the U.S.
We’d Love To Work With You
We’re serious about our work but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We want our team to be a place where people love their work, like their co-workers, and treat everyone with respect and empathy.
We’re a knit-tight team and our strength comes from our diversity. We strive to create an inclusive environment where differences in race, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, political and religious affiliation, socioeconomic background, cultural background, geographic location, disabilities and abilities, relationship status, veteran status, and age only make us stronger.
How To Apply
- Use Quality Assurance Engineer for Adblock Inc. in your subject line.
- Include your resume and why you’re interested in working with us
- Optionally, send along links that would help us better understand who you are — your Git profile, personal blog, or anything related to your work