Mobile DevOps Engineer
We want you to help us take WordPress, Tumblr, Woo, and Simplenote for iOS and Android to the next level. We are the team in charge of the development and maintenance of the infrastructure required to reliably release and test all the mobile applications developed by Automattic. We work closely with multi-functional product teams to improve the user experience on phones and tablets — both the apps and their underlying APIs and systems.
This role might be a good fit if you:
- Are passionate about releasing software reliably and on schedule so that your teammates can focus on building great apps.
- Love collaborating in code reviews and discussions about architecture or design.
- Have experience with mobile development for iOS and/or Android.
- Are motivated to help your teammates become more productive.
- Are passionate about refining tooling for faster builds, a reliable CI, and automated code reviews.
- Have extensive experience with build systems for both Android and iOS.
- Love fast and reliable apps and you have a passion for making them even more performant.
- Are knowledgeable about design patterns and testability – experience with XCUI / Espresso, performance testing, unit testing, and device farms is a plus.
- PHP, REST API, and WordPress backend programming experience.
- Familiar with Electron app development, or packaging and distribution.
- Experience with React Native development.
- Open source contributions.
- You’re involved in open source or other communities.