Director of Product Management
Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
Marco Polo is a video chat app created for one simple and significant purpose—to help people feel close.
We are looking for an experienced Product leader to deepen our ongoing commitment to helping people feel close. A great candidate for this role has experience translating a product vision/strategy into a roadmap and knows how to drive and communicate progress across an organization. You’ll help us consistently increase the product value for our customers by improving the product experience across the board. You'll introduce and evolve best practices for cross-functional product teams and you'll up-level the product management function.
This role will report to our President and co-founder, who is also Head of Product and Strategy, and lead a team of Product Managers.
In this position, you will:
- Own the Product Roadmap: You’ll partner with our founders to translate our product vision and strategy into a roadmap that will enable us to achieve our purpose at scale. You’ll identify and evaluate new product opportunities and features, ensuring prioritization and trade offs are made based on research and data. You’ll track and manage key product KPIs to objectively assess the product roadmap, pivoting as needed, and sharing any learnings along the way.
- Build and up-level our Product Management organization: You’ll build systems and processes to help us effectively, efficiently and consistently achieve our product roadmap. You’ll build, up-level, and manage our team of Product Managers, ensuring we have the key roles needed to execute our product roadmap.
- Lead cross-functional product teams: You’ll be responsible for ensuring the success of our embedded product teams of product managers, engineers, designers and more. You’ll be responsible for ensuring these cross-functional teams have the alignment, clarity, and tools needed to consistently execute our product roadmap, on time and with high quality. You’ll constantly mine for opportunities to increase the performance, health, and cohesion of these teams.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders: You’ll partner effectively with teammates in Engineering, Growth, Product Design, Marketing, and Finance to ensure alignment on the product roadmap, the processes to launch new features and metrics to measure success. You’ll leverage data to uncover valuable insights into our customers, integrating them into our product and processes going forward.
Ideally, you have:
- A passion for building great consumer products, including 8+ years of experience leading a Product organization in a consumer-based tech company.
- 5+ years of experience leading a team of Product Managers in an embedded team structure.
- Deep knowledge of product development processes, approaches and frameworks.
- A passion for people management. You love empowering and developing team members. You have a strong track record of creating team cohesion to enable the team to achieve great things.
- Strong analytical skills and data driven product decision-making mindset.
- A strong track record of seeking alignment and building strong partnerships with Engineering, Design, Growth and Marketing teams.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal communication skills that motivate, build trust and result in alignment across the organization and with the Board.
- Desire to look for ways to infuse your work with joy; you’re willing to put in the hours if necessary, but you level up the process so that next time you don’t have to.
You’ll love working here because:
- We’re a purpose-driven company making a difference in the lives of millions of people.
- We have been doing the remote work thing long before it became necessary. We’re good at it and we’ll make sure you are too!
- We move quickly so you’re constantly learning and things never get stale.
- We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels safe to take risks and think outside of the box.
- We offer competitive compensation, including equity, and we’ve got you covered when it comes to your health (medical, vision, dental), finances, and your family (paid family leave).
Does this sound interesting to you? If so, then we'd love to hear from you. We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Marco Polo. If you’re on the fence about whether you’re a fit, go ahead and apply! Each application is reviewed by a real, live human who understands that each candidate’s unique lived experience is more valuable than buzzwords on a resume.