Director of Conversion
Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
Graphite is a boutique digital marketing firm that builds scalable growth engines for consumer technology companies such as Ticketmaster, MasterClass, and Honey. We specialize in search engine optimization (SEO), content strategy, mobile app growth and conversion optimization.
We are a fully distributed team that is dedicated to creating an environment where you do the best work of your career. With headquarters in San Francisco and team members across the United States, Latin America, and Asia, we are ready to welcome our next team member!
We are looking for an experienced Director of Conversion, who will be responsible for owning and devising CRO strategies in line with our clients’ business objectives. You’ll need to be data-driven and creative, with experience analyzing large datasets and driving CRO strategy either in-house or ideally in a client facing role. In addition, this role requires you to be the leader of our UX design team, unlocking their potential to produce a high-performing, mission-driven, inclusive, and impactful team as Graphite enters a period of explosive growth.
What you’ll do:
- Own and manage Conversion Rate Optimization projects across Graphite’s clients. This is a strategic role working with our leadership team who are some of the world’s premier experts in growth.
- Lead a highly collaborative team of UX designers (currently 3 strong, soon to be 4+), constantly reviewing and giving feedback on their work to create a high performance culture.
- Be a true CRO expert and business partner to our clients. We work with some of the premier consumer technology companies in the world. You will work with these clients closely to choose and optimize the funnels that will ultimately enhance their commercial returns.
What you’ll need:
- 7+ years of total work experience, with at least 18 months of experience in a CRO focused role. Working at an agency in a client facing role is a plus.
- A proven track record of optimizing conversion funnels on web and app. You have experience of overseeing an increase in conversions across a range of devices. Ideally you’ve been embedded in or partnered closely with digital marketing or growth orgs.
- Both quantitative CRO analytics skills and a qualitative UX toolset to guide our UX designers.
- Executive presence: this is a client facing role in which you’ll need to be a strong communicator and trusted business partner to our clients.
How we’ll help:
Graphite’s mission is to create an environment where you build the best work of your career. In order to facilitate this, we provide:
- Process As Needed - We view process as a way to empower better work, not as a series of dogmatic rules. We develop the best internal processes as we do products - through iteration, measurement, and continuous improvement.
- Autonomy - We trust you to be excellent at what you do. We will provide as much support as needed when needed, but no more. You will have autonomy and agency to drive projects forward, and own decisions and outcomes.
- Flexible Work Environment - Everyone’s optimal work style is unique. We operate as a distributed team across North & Latin America and Asia. We optimize for productivity and performance, not time spent in an office. Help us build an optimal work environment that fits you as an individual.
- Compensation - We want to work with the best people in the World and compensate accordingly.
- Vacation & Time Off - In order to be the best version of yourself, you need time to recharge. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it.
- Benefits - We will ensure you have quality health care coverage and opportunities to further your education.