Technical Support Specialist
Our small, distributed team is growing, and we're adding a Technical Support Specialist to our Customer Success Team. As a Technical Support Specialist, you'll manage our support queue during standard business hours in the US Eastern time zone, helping customers with general inquiries, and resolving issues that require deep dives into our API and technical implementations.
In addition to the queue, we'll need your help creating tools that better help us support our customers, enhance our documentation, and keep it up to date. You'll support the engineering team by helping look into technical issues, prioritizing bugs, and organizing feedback from DNSimple customers.
We're looking for someone who loves supporting people. This isn't a springboard into another area at DNSimple. If you want to be part of our support team, and you're excited to contribute to making DNSimple the best product for our customers, this is the role for you!
We offer compensation from 60,000 USD to 70,000 USD per year, depending on your experience.
- Be the last point of escalation for the Customer Success Team on technical issues.
- Resolve technical issues using Ruby on Rails and API knowledge along with debugging tools and a technical mastery of the DNSimple product.
- Help manage the issue backlog, assisting developers with priority and reproduction, and assisting the Customer Success team with explanations, verification, and workarounds.
- Assist with creating tools used by our internal teams to support customers.
- Contribute to internal documentation on technical troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Be an inspiring and supportive teammate by providing feedback, idea generation, teaching, and learning.
We want to hear from you if...
- You have experience working on a distributed team.
- You have experience working in customer support.
- You have excellent English writing and comprehension.
- You're in, or can work in, the US Eastern Time Zone.
- You have Ruby on Rails and API knowledge, you're comfortable with CLI usage, and you're familiar with logging tools.
- You have experience with DNS.
- You love troubleshooting and debugging issues. The harder the challenge, the deeper you want to go.
- You're detail oriented, and understand that noticing the smallest detail can mean the difference in reproducing a tricky issue.
- You're upbeat and will be empathetic to customers.
- You're eager to brainstorm new ways to connect with customers.
- You love to take on a challenge and learn new things. DNSimple is a complex product in an ever-evolving space, and the work is challenging - but also deeply rewarding.