Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
, AKST (UTC -9)
, HST (UTC -10)
, AST (UTC -4)
, NST (UTC -3:30)
You want your work to have an impact.
You like moving fast, and you’re a self-starter with a passion for solving problems.
You’re an educator who is looking to make a shift to technology and sales.
Chalk is a planning and analytics platform for K-12 that helps schools to identify gaps in their curriculum and instruction. Our mission is to empower educators, through technology, in order to give every student an equal opportunity to participate in the future.
We’re rapidly growing our sales team to help schools and districts across North America. We’re looking for a dedicated Inbound Sales Representative to spread our technology to new schools and districts.
Sales at Chalk are primarily inbound. You will be responsible for building relationships with interested prospects such as district administrators or school principals by using phone, email, and social outreach. You will uncover their buying process and other decision makers, and you will communicate the value of implementing our solutions to meet the client’s goals, following and optimizing a well-defined process. You will ensure a successful implementation by communicating the needs of the school or district to the customer success team and maintaining a positive relationship with clients.
We’re looking for great sales skills, but more than that, we’re looking for educators and education consultants. We’ll need you to quickly and correctly analyze the situation and problems in prospective schools and districts. Once you’ve identified a potential solution, you’ll need to clearly communicate this to the sponsor. Your performance will be evaluated based on the number of new clients that you bring on board.
Ingrained in our culture at Chalk is the desire to be constantly improving, learning, and growing. As such, although your previous experience will definitely be considered, we’re also looking for people who want, and are able, to grow into the role.
As an Inbound Sales Representative you will:
- Conduct discovery calls to understand the needs of schools and districts
- Deliver consistent and effective virtual demonstrations of Chalk to stakeholders
- Follow up and identify sponsors within a prospect’s organization
- Collaborate with our marketing team to identify additional opportunities and campaigns
- Work with our customer success team to ensure a smooth transition
What we’re looking for:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience delivering technical demos virtually
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Ability to communicate complex concepts, and advise and guide prospects with confidence
- Ability to negotiate with prospects and customers
- Ability to manage multiple prospects
What would stand out:
- Background in education, teaching, or school administration roles
- Experience with curriculum development or school improvement
- Previous SaaS sales or account management experience
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and employee stock options
- Health benefits, including dental, massages, prescriptions, and more!
- Monthly team lunch (we love food!)
- Flexible working hours (we are a fully remote company)
- Semi-annual company retreats (once it’s safe to gather in-person again)
We want to work with people who make our team better, and are passionate about improving education through technology.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you personally about why you feel you’d be a good fit at Chalk. Send us a short email to email@example.com. And no, we don’t want a generic cover letter – just keep it short and sweet 🙂