Senior Product Designer
is a venture-backed VR and web platform for creating virtual spaces that bring people together, using realistic avatars generated with the help of artificial intelligence. From educators, to manufacturing companies, to NFT artists and creators, a wide variety of communities have found all kinds of incredible uses for Spatial's platform. Spatial has been selected as one of the most innovative companies by FastCompany in 2021. We were on the keynote stage with Microsoft CEO twice in 2019 and our launch was covered in Forbes, Fast Company, Tech Crunch, Engadget, Inc among others. We are grateful to have raised funding from investors including iNovia Capital, White Star Capital, Expa (founded by Garrett Camp), Kakao Ventures, Lerer Hippeau, Leaders Fund, Samsung NEXT as well as angels including Mark Pincus (Founder of Zynga), Andy Hertzfeld (Co-Inventor of the Macintosh) and Mike Krieger (Co-founder of Instagram).
We are a passionate team of 3D Design and AR/VR experts based in New York and San Francisco, and are currently hiring.
- Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc.), Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Computer Science (CS) or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years experience of designing and shipping apps or other software products.
- Experience collaborating with engineering and product management team
- Strong sense of aesthetics and understanding of visual design
- Expert level proficiency in design tools (Figma, Adobe Suites)
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Experience in leadership, collaboration communicating and influencing product design strategy while partnering with UX Research to amplify research and design impact.
- Proficiency in 3D Modeling (Cinema 4D, Maya)
- Experience in Motion Design
- Ability to lead user-centered design teams while maintaining responsibilities as an individual contributor, ideating products from scratch, and improving features
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints/limitations when designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile (i.e. Android and iOS)
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions and build concise user-centric visions and journeys
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process by developing low and high fidelity prototypes, motion, and 3D mocks
- Oversee & iterate with the engineering team to polish the quality of the user experience
- Contribute to UX vision and strategy, build strong relationships generating buy-in, and operationalize strategy across larger teams and timelines
- Advocate for the prioritization of design-centered changes driven by user research, conduct refinements and improvements, and present concepts, proposals, and updates to executive stakeholders
- Apply a data-driven approach to define a system and integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates
- Create and maintain design documentation, including feature specification and implementation guidelines.
Positions are full-time and include a competitive salary, benefits, and equity stake in the company.
Positions are based in New York, San Francisco, or remote (US-friendly timezone)