Do you love crafting engaging content, both textual and visual? Do you have experience using your creativity to catch the attention of your audiences in a crowded social media landscape? Do you have an understanding of the geek world, and do their technical jokes make you laugh?
If you answered yes to these questions, we are sure this position will sound super exciting to you. 🤩
We are looking for a creative and friendly person, with experience in managing a brand’s social media account and/or influencer marketing, to help strengthen our brands awareness and audience engagement.
Keep reading for more details! 📝
Become our Social Media Specialist!
In your job as a Social Media Specialist, you will manage the social media accounts for our 3 brands: WP Rocket, Imagify and RocketCDN. You will be responsible for the creation of social media strategies (on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube), and for the planning and execution of successful social media and influencer campaigns.
In this role, you will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer. You will join our marketing team, which is based in Europe. We work remotely, and ideally you should live in a country that aligns with the European Timezone.
We are so curious to know which new country will be added to our distributed team map! 🌍
What You Will Be Doing:
In your everyday job as a Social Media Specialist, you will create and distribute compelling content on social platforms, engage with our community and partners, liaise and negotiate with relevant influencers.
Here is a list describing the tasks involved in this position (do you happen to like making lists? So do we!):
- You build and execute a social media strategy for WP Rocket, Imagify, and RocketCDN.
- You will identify and build relationships with relevant influencers and thought leaders, negotiate fair rates for content and engage them spreading our brands’ messages
- You will create editorial calendars and syndication schedules for each product to increase their visibility and expert positioning.
- You will create engaging content (images, videos, graphics, copy…) for each brand that you will edit, publish, and share every day using Agorapulse.
- You will moderate all user-generated content, monitor and listen to the network
- And you will provide social media activity reports and input for improvement.
What Do You Need To Excel at This Job:
Proven work experience within social media and influencer marketing
Social media has no secrets for you. You know Facebook, Twitter and YouTube inside out, and you know how to run and measure effective social media strategies.
Exceptional written communication and storytelling
You can communicate openly with people, and modulate your writing tone according to the platform you write on. Your communication is friendly and engaging, even when you write about very technical topics.
Creative content skills
Words are not your only tool. You can create eye-catching visual content with images, GIFs, and videos. If you have experience in creating video tutorials, don’t forget to send us a link to your creations. 🎬
Tech-savvy with well-honed marketing abilities
Tech geeks have a community of their own. We will train you for web performance optimization, and we will always have your back, but if you already have an understanding of the geek world, if their inside technical jokes make you laugh, and you’re a seasoned marketing person you may be our match!
Do you want to know three other things we appreciate about our candidates?
- A startup mentalityYou are doer, you are adaptable and you like to evolve in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous remote job experience.Slack will be your virtual office, where all the life of the company takes place.
- The involvement in the WordPress community.We support our teammates to attend and/or speak at WordCamps and volunteer within the community.
What You Should Know About Our Company: WP Media
Founded in 2014 in the beautiful Lyon, France, WP Media is an equal opportunity employer with a distributed team of +35 teammates living around the world.
Do We Share the Same Values?
Mutual respect, collaboration, and inclusivity.
These are the fundamental values that support our life as a team.
Healthy balance between work and private life.
We encourage our employees to enjoy their family and hobbies with flexible working hours and minimum vacation policy. There are no time cards to stamp, only customers to make happy and friendly teammates to work with! We care about the work you do, not about the hours you sit at your desk.
We have a public salary grid. Once a year, when the company does well, we share our profits with the team in the form of bonuses.
Perks and benefits
We want the people on our team to feel that they always receive what they need to shine. This is why we offer:
- Budget for setting up your home office
- Monthly budget for your remote-work expenses
- Free books and Kindle
We like to see each other in person whenever possible.
Every year, we organize a trip with the whole team and spend a week of coworking and fun activities together.
To give you an idea, so far we have traveled to Spain, Portugal, and Mexico.
Now that we've told you so much about us, it's your turn.
Let us know why you would like to become our Social Media Specialist and why you think you are the person we are looking for.
We can’t wait to receive your application! 🌟